• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Very nice. Great video and I love the topic. So, everyone support your local gun shop.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I'm at work so I can't watch the video yet, but I wanted to say I support Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Great guys, answer all of your questions, even if they know you're not buying today.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just found out your video on my subscription box on YouTube and watched it.
    Great profesional video as usual.
    It's very important to support you local gun shop, if you dont they go away and so does your rights.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I support PSS whenever I can. I'm still price conscience, and if I need a filler item, I'm more than happy to buy it there. If I'm buying a lot of something, I'll go to the lowest bidder. ie: Distributors, on-line, mass merchants, gun shows, etc. I do a lot of research when I'm buying a lot of something, or it's going to be a pretty salty price point. As I don't have an FFL, and wouldn't want to hassle with one either, I usually buy all my handguns and "most" long guns from PSS.

Whenever I set up a gun, I'll buy ONLY the gun from PSS, then I'll go to my other sources for the accessories. I save hundreds!!!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Blyth's is really hit or miss or inventory and prices. Sometimes you can get a good deal, but most the time I feel like I'm getting bent over when I got there. Their selection is hardly "great", and the staff is less than helpful.

I agree that small shops need to be supported, but they need to support their customers and the gun community. I'd like to see a premier shop pop up somewhere in NWI, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, so I'll visit Blyth's occasionally, but do most my business with online retailers that have taken care of me, or Site Sponsors here on INGO.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    So far I have bought 4 guns from Tomlinson's in Churubusco along with numerous boxes of ammo, plus have sent several other customers their way to purchase guns over the years, so I would say that I support my local gun shop.

But its easy to do since Tomlinson's rocks :rockwoot:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I do,... Bought 2 sprays (16.99 each), a small flash.light(10) , and 10 range trips (40)from indy trading post last week and a holster (45) from pop guns yesterday

Everybody should

Last edited:

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I was just there today drooling... especially over the mosin nagant surplus, that's a great deal, but I know nothing about them. I'll be back this weekend to pick up my Christmas present to myself, SW1911TA and I got a fair price from them too...

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I always go to my local shops first when looking for a gun. They are great guys and I believe its very important to help the local guys before someone I dont even know at a gun show or online. Its worth it to me to spend a few extra bucks if im helping out a good guy that I know.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    It does seem to be hit or miss on prices and selection for both firearms and accessories at stores in the Indy area.

I've found great prices and selections at Beech Grove Firearms, Highsmith Guns (I heard they're opening an indoor range at a new location in Greenfield), and Bradis.

Other stores... I don't know how they stay in business with some of their prices. It's like they don't even try to be competitive, or they must rely on their customers to be uninformed.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Negative. The only reason I would drive to my local gun shop is to watch it burn after catching on fire. I make the drive to Indy and give my business to a couple of shops that genuinely appreciate it.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Some of the MAC videos are alright. After a minute of what seemed to be a commercial for a gun shop I will likely never visit, I became disinterested and moved on. I support my LGS as far as giving them transfer fees when I find a good deal on a gun. I don't buy from big box stores unless they have the lowest prices, which is typically never. I shop around and spend the least amount on what I want. IF that purchase is able to take place at a LGS, GREAT, if not, they still get something.

Last edited:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I usually hit Blythe's in Valpo. And I agree that their prices can be on the high side. Everytime I go there it's packed. There used to be a place in Chesterton called Range Masters. By far and away the best indoor gun range in the area. They closed down several years back.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    2 weeks ago i took a ride from lake co. to Bradis just to pick up a SR40. Mark held one for me with the black friday pricing because i had the crew out working on the house that weekend. i more than plan to spread the love around the whole state if shops are willing to give me a good price and take care of me. good people ='s good business, no matter where they are

Top Bottom