• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    In the last 50 years there are many I wish I had back. I have had hundreds of guns in that time frame and you just can't keep them all, if you want to try new things you move on. Every time I feel bad about selling a gun I just buy another, it makes me feel better. ;)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I regret every day that goes by. :(

I hold regular memorial services for them now.
    Sold them because of my wife - so I got rid of her.
    No regrets for that one - ***ch!

an indian and a cowboy on horseback cross paths on the way back from town.

the indian says -good horse-

the cowboy says, -thanks, i got him for my wife-

indian replies -good trade- :D

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    Last gun I sold was a remington 700 bdl 7mm remington magnum I used on a mule deer and antelope hunt with my father in 1988. Sold the gun around 94 and and right after wish I didn't because of sentimental value. I have never sold a gun since because of that.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    "Skeeter Skelton"--had several magazine articals titled "Guns I wish I'd kept"-------boy could I add many CHAPTERS to that ........

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The only one I regret getting rid of was a bersa 380. But that wasn't by choice. It was either give it up or face a felony unlawful carry in Ohio.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Once upon a time I had my first gun, a Winchester 1300 defender with the wooden stock, and my second gun, a S&W 19 that I used on the job. Once I finished college and went to work for real money, I had to choose one to sell to get by until that first paycheck.

I sold the S&W for $200 and I really wish I did not have to.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Why yes, don't remember the make but it was a .22 Hornet. Alo had a Remington 700 .270 I traded for a pistol.

Always easy to look back and see things we would have done differant.

That is life and we only get to go through it one time.

Never regret just keep looking forward.

OldBob56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Camby
    I had a really nice custom 92FS that I miss. Also, one of grandpa's shotguns that was lost in a fire. I guess that 92 is the only gun I've ever sold that I regret.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Absolutely. I sold my first gun (winchester semi auto 12 gauge) after a piece fell out of it. Back then I didnt know too much about guns, so I stuck it in the closet and sold it a year later for dirt cheap. I tried to buy it back a few years after selling it but it was too late the gun had already found another new owner.

I haven't sold another one since. Any time the thought of selling one of my current guns pops into my head I just think about how much I regret getting rid of that old gun.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    there are a few that i regret parting ways with. an hk usp compact 45 sticks out in memory but all the other ones i sold because they looked better then they performed so i don't regret those.

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Yep-870 wingmaster 20ga,needed money for old car parts,only had about 50 shells put thru it.Dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb!

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Had a Colt series 70 government model in nickel. real good condition too. sold it because i wanted a 45 to carry. bought a colt new agent. love the new agent but miss my nickel series 70. real bonehead move on my part. Think about it all the time.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I sold my first pistol, it was a Glock 34... I missed it for a couple years, and I just bought a new Glock 34. THe universe told me that we should be together :)

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I bought an SKS the day I turned 18 for $80. Fell on hard times a few years ago and sold it to a friend for $150. I miss it terribly, at least I get to go visit it every now and then.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Yep several. A Beretta 92 I bought new in about 1988 and sold a few years later. Man I wish I still had that piece. It was a sweet shooter and ran like a hot rod. Stupid impulse sale.

Wishing I still had a custom .32 cal. flintlock that I used to squirrel hunt with. Had a .44" barrel and a really quick lock. All iron mounted,...aged, looked like an original. That thing was deadly with 20 grains of 3F and a .319 ball. Shot it a ton and got REALLY good with it. Could easily take a squirrel's head clean off with it. Sold it for cash to put towards another custom flintlock.

A Ruger Blackhawk in .45 LC I sold in about 1991. Was afraid I was going to loose my job at the time and needed cash. Have sold many others over the years when I grew tired of them, but those 3 really stick out and I wish I had them back.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom