• Do You LIKE Your Job?

• Total voters

matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    Company recently bought. Pay cut looming. Always on call and accountable to your accounts even on your days off (which are changing next year). "Highly encourange" to work your days off for no additional pay. Benefits cut. Bonuses eliminated.

The company is huge and has been making the same amount of money since the recession.

I am going back to school in January.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I enjoy my job very much. I don't always appreciate some of the decisions my superiors make, but who does? I could do something else and make more money, but I doubt if I would realize the same level of satisfaction.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I like doing what I do and the freedoms I have since I can basically manage myself. But the pay isnt there so the dedication and patience is wearing real thin....

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I voted no, but there isn't really any place else I'd rather be. There are not many rules, and the ones in place are not really enforced, but there is a lot of BS that goes on that makes me want out. The money is great, the freedom is great, if there were just 2 or 3 certain people less, I'd never leave that place.

My thoughts exactly!!!! I love what I do, but hate the BS caused but a certain few. They make it miserable.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I enjoy my job very much. I don't always appreciate some of the decisions my superiors make, but who does? I could do something else and make more money, but I doubt if I would realize the same level of satisfaction.

Same here. I'm very fortunate to have been able to make a career out of doing something I love. That's not to say that every day is pure heaven, but overall I love what I do.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I love my job. I've been working there going on 15 years now. I can go home for lunch. It's only 5 minutes from home. I can surf INGO. I can talk guns, and bring guns in for show-and-tell.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I love my Job. I spent a lot of my parents money on schooling and ended up dropping out because I didn't enjoy what I was doing. So when it came time to go back and get an education on my own dime, I thought long and hard about what would make me happy. I have always felt bad about wasting there money, but I know that I would not be in the place I am without them.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I would vote no on the loving the job part. I like the people I work with but the industry I am in has changed so much. I ve only been in it 10 years and Ill be extremely lucky if we make it another 5. The pay is too good to walk away from even though I took a 10% cut. I will never advance in this company. That is hard for me after being in the military where your taught to bust your butt and make something of yourself. Coming home from Iraq had a hand in being responsiable for 45 guys. I was signed for 10 million dollers of equipment. (ugh and not a loss.) (MRAPS and machine guns add up) First day I went back to work I was hauling out the trash... And they wonder why I act disturbed sometimes :D. Its hard to complain they gave me a chance when nobody else would and they allowed my military duty when I was still in. Im ready for a change I guess, but to scared and have to much responsiablity with the family to make a move.:wallbash:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    "Like" is a general term... would I still work where I do now if I were a millionaire? No way, I'd start my own business making guns 'n' stuff...:D

But given that I'm not a millionaire, I do like my job. I have (errr had) a good boss, I have a good temporary boss, and hope to have a good boss in the future. Enjoy what I do, and get lots of great oppurtunities where I'm at.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Like the hours, but I just do it for the insurance anymore. The best part is I don't have to deal with children much.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I am spoiled rotten, I have multiple jobs and like them all. My main off farm job is only minutes away from home, I have an amazing boss, who let's me work unsupervised, trust me to get the job done and adjust when I see the need. My hours are flexible and I am able to take time off when it's farming season or I have a sick parent to tend to.
    I absolutely love to farm with my husband and raise hogs. If we could go back to just farming without off farm jobs that would be a small piece of heaven on earth. :)

Last edited:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I like my job. I'm pretty darn good at what I do (even if sometimes I think a dead monkey could do it). My main boss is pretty cool. Very understanding when things come up, and keeps in mind how far I have to travel from home to there. And he likes motorcycles & guns, so I can b.s. with him pretty easy.
    However, my co-workers (some of the ones in my department, that is)...well, I don't get paid to like them. I highly dislike lazy and irresponsible people.
    If I could find a job closer to home that paid like this one does, I'd make the jump.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    As a carpenter, I love my work. I take a great deal of pride in what I create out of lumber. Where nothing once was, there is something. And I built it. As a selfemployed carpenter, I hate my job. The paper work, dealing with the IRS/INDOR, insurance, the whole "office" side of the business. Overall, I like what I do.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    My old job, I used to get paid travel to far away exotic places, meet some fancy crazy people, and kill them.

Don't have to do that any more. Hell yes, I love my job.

Top Bottom