• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    It's better to NOT get pulled over at all! That way this is a non-issue. Besides, what the point of carrying a firearm for defense purposes if you are driving like a madman and die in an auto accident?

The SAME philosophy, I DON'T WANT TO DIE TODAY, should affect not only your firearms habits but your driving habits as well.

So what you are saying is.... You neve failed to use a turn signal, never had a bad light bulb, you always come to a complete stop, you always yield to oncoming traffic, and you never pass in the right hand land right?

There are so many laws on the books about everything that it is simply impossible not to break some kind of law. Any cop will tell you if they ride behind anyone long enough, they will have a legitimate reason to pull them over.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are so many laws on the books about everything that it is simply impossible not to break some kind of law. Any cop will tell you if they ride behind anyone long enough, they will have a legitimate reason to pull them over.

I got pulled over by a cop fishing for a DUI. When it was obvious that I hadn't had a drop, he invented an infraction to justify the stop. Wish I'd had my dash cam at the time. :rolleyes:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've been told their favorite one to invent is that you crossed the center line. He added that and no less than 3 other lies that night. My lawyer used to be a cop.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    When pulled over by an officer or whatever the circumstance me be, do you inform the officer you are carrying? Why or why not?

I'm trying to figure out if its better to risk confrontation if I tell them OR is it better to risk having guns drawn on me if they see mine...

Always. But then again, I've only been stopped for anything once in 20 years. To me it's no big deal since I'm not doing anything wrong. Being polite hasn't been a problem for me and I don't feel like my rights are being abused at all:dunno:

Bob

Micah, I used to inform, but no longer do! It took only one time for my own firearm to be taken away from me by force, and haphazardly pointed at my wife and me, for me to change my mind!

flatlander, do you consider it impolite to NOT talk about things that don't matter?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Not to tell any tales out of school, but you all need to go out and check your license plate lights.:D
    Yes...well for the last 4 years...I have been checking a lot of things I did not used to think about so much. Do your allergies ever make you angry?:popcorn: I'm allergic to popcorn, still eat it. Having a gun pointed at me...well that makes me pretty angry.:xmad:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sorry OP. I kinda forgot what the original post was. Oh yea. No. Need to Know basis only. And generally they don't need to Know.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I always let them know. Got stopped Sat. and posted it in General. I should have posted it here instead I guess.

LEO said passing him was OK. Everything thing else I did was OK until he realized a brake light was out on the trailer.:(
    I had handed him my license and as he quit talking and said I could get out to look, I got out and said "I'm armed" and patted my 4oc position.
    He just said "OK, just gdon't go jerking it out." As we went to the rear of the trailer, he said "Thanks for letting me know." Never asked for my permit and as I checked the wires and he checked my credentials, he said I was good to go with a verbal warning.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/286910-chesterfield_pd.html :popcorn:

Last edited:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    What can I say? I am allergic to having guns pointed at me.

You should have been there when RPD did a felony stop on me one day!:dunno:

A friend and I had missed connections for a few months. Oneday, on Westover Hills Blvd, 500 block for those who know the area in Richmond. We saw each other and stopped beside the road to talk.

I was having lots of trouble with my L-4. I was also carrying in the small of my back. I was standing outside his truck and we were catching up and his wife was fussing about the delay in getting to Mcdonalds. Over and over I might add. She said she was hungry. :clap:

Well, all of a sudden she pipes up with "WOW! Look at that! WTH????"

I turned to my leftand see three police cars coming down the wrong side of the road, and 4-5 on the other side as those came flying over the median.

I looked to my right and 4 or more were coming from the other direction and crossing the median. There were 2-4 cops in each car too!

I stood still as they were scrambling and pointing pistols across the hood, and through the windows of the truck. One was even covering the wife. Most were behind me and saying not to move, etc..... Two put their hands on my back and said hold still while one disarmed me. Harve looks at me and the 7-8 guns pointed at us through the windshield and over the hood and says "Whoowee! Those look big from this end! I've never looked at one from here before!" (About as many LEO's hadguns drawn behind us too.) I agreed as the PD patted me down and I handed them my license. Most even had fingers on the trigger.

As the one in charge said he saw me and the gun, he didn't pay it any attention until he realized my hand appeared to be on it and he thought I was going to shoot the truck occupants. In truth, and I started to explain it, because I was using my knuckle to alieve (sp) some of my back pain. People with back pain will understand this.

The wife suddenly and plaintively says "I ain't even hungry now, let's go home." She was almost in tears. Well, that tore it and Harve and I were laughing so hard I was down to my knees and THIS REALLY ticked the PD off! Through our tears, Harveand I tried to explain it while 4-5 PD were lecturing us on how NOT funny the situation really was. We knew that, but the timing, facial expressions, etc. overrode common sense.

Last edited:

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    In the past i just handed my carry permit over with my license. Just makes it easier and actually got me out of a ticket once. Been about 5 years since i got pulled over last so not sure who they would act now.

hoosier hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Muncie,IN
    Glad to see the question and the different respones. I havent (knock wood) been pulled over since I got my LTCH and wondered what would be best to do, I guess Ill play it by ear if it does happen

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Glad to see the question and the different respones. I havent (knock wood) been pulled over since I got my LTCH and wondered what would be best to do, I guess Ill play it by ear if it does happen

You can try the best of both worlds like I do...carry concealed but announce it in a load voice whenever you walk into a building. You get some funny looks at banks, movie theatres and when picking people up at the airport, but hey, they need to stop being sheeple. I can exercise my rights!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

You really need to decide what you will do in advance.
    Your best bet (and you can do whatever you want) is to give the officer your drivers license, and registration when asked (have them out and ready before he gets out of his car), if/when he starts asking the goofy questions like "you got any guns or drugs in the vehicle", simply say "nothing illegal". That way you are answering the question without lying AND without telling him about your weapon.
    Don't get caught up in their games and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom