• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiganmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    No way man! .22 rounds have a range of a mile and a half an those houses are well under that range. Build a big burm so you are facing the woodsif it is pretty thick. .22 rounds have been known to bounce around a lot off of little rocks and things so keep that in mind even as you have it somewhat close to your own house.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Shoot man shoot !

Just don't cry foul when your neighbors shoot back cause you shot their kids , pets , house , vehicles , etc .

OK , I'll be the dick here and ask WTF is going through your mind that you would even consider shooting like that ?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would not, it does not look safe. A back stop for sure. This situation reminds of the story, what was it a year ago. The guy shot a .45 ACP into the ground and it ricocheted hundreds of yards into his neighbors house killing the neighbor while he was lying in bed.

deadeye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    if there arent houses behind the woods i would shoot in that direction. Get some sand bags or railroad ties to shoot into. Even with a backstop i wouldnt shoot in the general direction of the homes.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks ok to me!!

6nvamh.jpg

:D

In all seriousness, I wouldn't shoot in its current condition. Too many variables. The purpose of a good backstop is to eliminate those variables and make for consistent containment of your rounds.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    ummmm

I'd buy a range membership or make friends with someone who has some more rolling rural ground. I'd feel safe shooting a pellet gun into a box of newspapers but unless you're shooting suppressed you're definitely gonna get noise complaints. Even with .22lr. That's not even mentioning that the .22 is one richochet prone piece of lead.:noway:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Definitely need a backstop or disposable neighbors.

But seriously, don't shoot there. If I see you on the news for this, I'm going to come find you and kick your butt.

This thread has been pretty close to unanimous so far....

Fathouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Franklin, Indiana USA
    I never said I was or have been shooting here. Nor do I plan on it now. Hense the reason for this thread. I could build a big backstop but I just don't think its worth the risk.

Atturberry is only 20 mins away, I have been goin there every weekend anyway, why stop now! :)

Top Bottom