• Do you EDC a knife or multi-tool?

• Total voters

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I voted no, but I have been thinking about getting one. Just don't know where to start.

A nice 2.5-3.5" folder is a good place to start for an EDC. A lot of people prefer a fixed blade for defensive purposes. A 3-4" blade can get you into most target areas. Brad or the knife lady can sort you out. IMO a nice 3" fixed is a great addition to any lady's PD gear.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've got a Cutco folder in my pocket most of the time - it gets swapped out for a Spyderco Rescue knife when I expect to be on-the-road for a while. Have a Titanium Wallet Credit Card Knife for emergencies, and I also carry a Leatherman Charge Ti which has 2 blades on it..

I can cut stuff if I need to..

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

This daily without the pull on it.
    I can get wicked edge on it with a spyderco sharpmaker.
    I always had a heck of a time sharpening my Benchmade on the same sharpener... I think the steel must be much harder.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I voted no, but I have been thinking about getting one. Just don't know where to start.

if you want all purpose (but not necessarily quick deploy for defensive use) I like my Leatherman Juice S2. it fits in the palm of your hand, and has everything I need day to day. A 3" blade, several screwdrivers/scrapers, scissors, pliers, wire cutters, and the most important... beer bottle opener. (which is also awesome for cutting packing tape without getting the blade all gooey.)

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I've carried a knife of one sort or another since middle school. Right now, its a cheap ~$30 2.5-3" spring assist folder. Had it for a couple years now and beat on it pretty hard. But I think my next "big" purchase will probably be a Benchmade.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I voted "yes" but was looking for the "duh, I EDC a knife" option

Pretty much all day, every day, either in shorts, pants, gym shorts, etc. I'll have one of these on me. I also carry a Spyderco Dragonfly as a secondary knife. Rarely carry the Leathermen Mut but it does come in handy from time to time. Same with the Spyderco Rescue; that and the Mut spends a lot of time in the pack for those just in case moments

Just waiting on the Medford to show up. The new ZT 0562CF is kind of cool. May sell the Beast. Can't make my mind up worth a damn

Top Bottom