• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If you're planning on going today hit me up it's about a 2 minute drive from where I live and I like looking around there but have a hard time leaving my wallet at home when I go there.

I can't today, but I likely will very soon! Maybe I can get RachelMarie to ride shotgun and we'll do an impromptu mini-meetup! :P

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    For pistol, I carry one spare mag on my person, four more in the vehicle plus two boxes(100rnds)of fmj ammo.
    Have 13 in the SHTF bag for the carbine that I carry in the vehicle plus extra ammo.

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    If it is in the summer I usually don't carry spares. In the winter I will put a spare in a coat pocket. I always have spares in my car though.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    My Springfield came with the gear pack, holster and mag holder. The other half hates when I wear the extra magazines. I do need to pick something up for my revolver though! It is a 7 shot 357, so that should be enough, but better to be safe then sorry!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    G23 and usually a G22 spare in the pocket.

I need to break down and get a good IWB and mag carrier, after talking to BWFRAME on Friday, I need to check out the Raven series.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No extra mags = no gun.

:yesway:

As some other have mentioned, spare magazines aren't just about having more ammunition. The weakest link in a self-loading pistol is the magazine. You may need a spare just to remedy a malfunction, regardless of how many rounds you ultimately need. If you carry only one gun, you need to carry spare magazines on your person. If you carry more than one gun, you need to carry spare magazines on your person.

In addition to that, even with good shot placement, a caliber that starts with "4," and ammunition that performs exactly as designed, NO ONE CAN PREDICT HOW MANY ROUNDS IT WILL REQUIRE TO STOP A GIVEN THREAT. It could be any number between zero and everything you have plus more. I prefer to err on an estimate that is generous. The worst that could happen is that I carry some extra home with me.

Last edited:

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I carry two spare magazines at work, carry two spare magazines off duty.

One never knows when one needs a spare magazine, so that's why I carry two.

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I carry two reloaders if that counts.

One thing to remember is that there is no such thing as too much ammunition. If you need it and don't have it you'll feel stupid.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I always carry a reload for every gun i carry for self defense. Of interest is that my best friend carrys the same firearms so we can switch/use each others mags in an emergency. We picked this habit up on a Georgia deer hunting trip where 'one' of us thought he had forgotten his ammo, but we both were using 30-06 so we were good to go.

Top Bottom