• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you carry a Semi Auto or Wheel Gun?

• Total voters

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I dont own any wheel guns, so semi for me. I do want to get a light .38 or .357 to carry for a backup. Capacity (and the lack of wheel guns) is why I went with a semi.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I carry a semiauto but if I shot a wheelgun better I wouldn't hesitate to carry one instead.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As a EDC I carry a Semi Auto pistol. But If I'm just going to run out of the house for a few minutes I will throw a pocket gun in my jacket. I use to use a S&W .38 for that but since I got a PF9 that is what I will use as a pocket gun. So now its a Semi Auto pistol all the time.

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    I carry a wheelgun, an SP101 .357. I used to carry semi autos but I prefer the power and reliability of a revolver. I understand that revolvers are subject to the same catastrophic failure that a semi automatic is but I will never have the noncatastrophic failure of a failure to feed or failure to eject that every semi auto I've owned has had at some point, at least once. If I have a failure to fire, I don't need the other hand to clear it. It's a matter of pulling the trigger again for the next round. Also this particular revolver is very easy for me to carry, conceal and rapidly bring into play.

I understand semi autos have a lot of advantages but I went with the revolver for a carry piece because I decided I'm not kicking down doors for a living and in the end what I really need for a self defense situation is pull/point/shoot in what will probably be 7 yards or less.

+1 What he said. I will add that if 6 .357 hollowpoints strategically placed doesn't do it, your probably in trouble. But I do carry 2 speedloaders just in case.:D

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Semi; I like wheelguns, although I don't currently own one anymore. I absolutely hate the DA trigger on a revolver, they are just too heavy for me, SA is great of course.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I've carried both (not at the same time) but I far & away carry my semi's more than my revolver.

I really can't explain why. I really like the revolver but I just like the semi's more. Capacity, coolness, etc. :dunno:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    G27

G27. Size (comfort & convenience),capacity and ballistics. It just feels good,so I do it! :D

StreamlightPT-1L009.jpg

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    G27. Size (comfort & convenience),capacity and ballistics. It just feels good,so I do it! :D

StreamlightPT-1L009.jpg

I love my G27. Goes with me everywhere but school. Having a semi auto makes it nice when reloading, however I like the idea of having a wheel gun for BUG. I have been breaking in the Taurus 85 I got for Christmas more recently, and I'm hoping the wood grips I ordered for it come in soon.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Semi-Auto
    Higher capacity, faster reloads

I have carried a revolver before and maybe still do every once in awhile for whatever reason, but 99% of the time it is semi auto for me. I do think though that if properly trained the revolver is still just as good of a personal defense and carry weapon. I just choose a semi auto.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I carry both. I have a Para 1911 as my primary carry gun and I also carry an LCR. I perfer the 1911 setup but I feel really comfortable with the LCR due to its simplicity.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom