• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I carry my Gerber Multi-Tool and CRKT M16 every time, all the time.

I like the relatively low cost CRKT, it's of good quality but I won't be so pissed if I break or lose it like I would be if I paid big bucks for knife that is used more often than not for opening packages..

crkt_M1610KZ_black_zytel_combo_edge.jpg

USPc40

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Madison County
    I went to a gun and knife show today in Kansas City, guess what they were selling. That's right, auto opening knives aka switchblades. For some reason I always thought they were illegal everywhere. Saw cheapies (3 for $20) all the way up to a really bad ass one for $465. I seem to learn something new every day. Oh and I daily carry a Kershaw Scallion.:yesway:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I went to a gun and knife show today in Kansas City, guess what they were selling. That's right, auto opening knives aka switchblades. For some reason I always thought they were illegal everywhere.

They are 16 states where there are no or limited restrictions on automatic or similar knives. Unfortunately, Indiana is NOT one of those unless you are a uniformed member of our Armed Forces (and you have to be IN uniform to carry it.)

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i carry at least two knives all the time! usually a strider with a SAK.... or any one of my more than a few custom knives....

recently, i have been EDCing a knife i made and am testing....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been carrying a Schrade LB7 lockback folder (similar to a Buck 110, but heavier) since I was in high school.

You have an exellent knife, sir. I do not carry mine, but I've owned it since I was 17 or so. Of the many copies of the Buck 110, it was among the best, along with Camillus and Puma.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Another Leatherman guy here. One year, Leatherman Surge, not a single day it's not on my belt (the darn thing is too big, can't live in my pocket). Most useful features: screwdriver/bitdriver (something always needs tightening. Wish it could come off and used together with the pliers), serrated blade (blunt tip, safer, very useful box opener). Least useful: the can opener. Used once, and found out it couldn't open oval-shaped cans...

Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    I carry a knife simply because it is another option available to me. I carry my knife on the opposite side I carry my gun on because if someone is trying to get my gun, I can easily reach my knife and cause some damage.

Personally, I like CRKT knives because they are good knives, and I can configure the way I carry them 4 different ways. CRKT knives are reasonably priced, at least the M16-14LE is. I like the way the knife feels in my hands, and how it is easily manipulated to a reverse grip. Overall, it is a good tool.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I'm with csaws. I have several different brands of knives but I really like my Benchmade. Ordered another one today in fact.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I carry a kershaw mini-mojo whenever I am dressed and feel naked without it. I really like the assisted-open and the mini-mojo lock back system does not put your hand in the way of a closing blade. It's held up well for me. I do think I would prefer a tanto style blade though.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I alternate between a few different knives, I have a CRKT M16-13SF all black, combo blade that I carry daily, as well as a Kershaw Blackout, and a Benchmade 9050 AFO auto that I carry sometimes. I also have a snap-on Kershaw "stubby" that I like to carry every once in a while as well.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My duty/daily carry knife is a Kershaw tactical blur. It is an extension of my right arm. I use it for everything from cutting to reaching something on the top shelf. It opens instantly with one of the most aggressive spring assists I have ever encountered. It is super flat clipped into my pocket and the grip is textured just in case for some reason it might become soaked or wet:dunno:. It is also priced very reasonably priced at between 52 and 62 bones. I carry nothing else as a daily. I also have a combat knife that my father made for me but that is a fixed blade not intended for daily carry. Its a knife engendered specifically for me and my hand with a blade of Morseth steel that never loses its edge.( Very very special knife. ) As far as the Kershaw goes slow1911 had some on here for a great price, I would suggest yall snatch them up...JC

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I edc most used would be a benchmade vex, very underated. if I'm feeling a bit fancy or crazy I carry my microtech mini socom elite(if you don't know about microtech you shouldn't own a knife,period!). for camping and survival training I usually carry a becker bk9, sog seal 2000 and a randall rat 3 in d2 steel form. the rest(and there are more than I care for my wife to know) get duty destroying random things in the house.

Top Bottom