• Are there Aliens Out There?

• Total voters

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Maybe not Men in Black, more like "They Live" (John Carpenter film starring Rowdy Roddy Piper). That is more along the lines of Sheeple. Oh yeah, CRIPPLE FIGHT! Had to throw some South Park in there. Anyone who has seen that movie knows what I'm talking about.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would say a definite no, in my own opinion. I would say no based on the Biblical account of creation, which I also believe in (I know, radical right).

That said, don't we have enough problems on earth than to go look for some more??????? Last time I checked Somalia still had a rate of over 20% critical malnutrition. So why do we need to be worried about aliens just yet??? Why not spend the billions of dollars on research on solving real life problems.

How about we talk about it this way...

There may be a hundred million people starving to death at any given moment. Ok. At any given moment there could be a gigantic asteroid hurtling at this earth that our satellites cannot see. Why would you NOT spend that billions and billions of dollars on the space program developing some kind of new engine that will get us to space, there by completeing the International Space Station faster, there by learning to explore space and colonize other planets faster... THERE BY saving the Human Race from TOTAL ANNILATION by Natural Disaster....

I believe in God aswell. But I don't believe he gave man the brains to TRAVEL to space without giving him the CAPABILITY to explore space. Apparently God wants us to live. I don't believe Armagedon is suppose to be the complete END of the Human Race. Why Would God Want That? So he could start over? Just for Shits and Giggles? No, I don't think so. I think we as humans have a higher purpose. Spending all this money to kill each other in massive amounts (WAR, not crime) when we should be learning to explore space. It's so sad and everyone just sees it as Sci-Fi and that it just won't happen.

Great to have so many optimists on this Planet....

:patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Yep, its very likely that there are other forms of intelligent life in the universe...but whos to say what their nature is? Perhaps they haven't made contact because their extremely xenophobic? Perhaps they are incapable of communicating with us in a way that our senses could percieve, at least, for the moment...

As to those who think extraterrestrials could have lent a helping hand in the pyramids or other difficult to explain phenomenon in our history...perhaps they did. But why? The fact that they would have nothing to gain from it is debateable...we can't rationally theorize what their motives might have been, if they did in fact do so. Gain might have been the furthest thing from their minds, or it might have been a "5000 year plan" to market a product that wouldn't be introduced until millenia had passed. Who knows?

But, I find it impossible to consider the vastness of the universe, and conclude that we are the only self aware life that inhabits it.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    As to those who think extraterrestrials could have lent a helping hand in the pyramids or other difficult to explain phenomenon in our history...perhaps they did. But why?

Well, thats a tough one. Legends all seem to speak of similarities of the purposes, but to be quick about it, they liked to be worshiped as gods.:bowdown:

Summer, South-North-Central America, Egypt, the Indus Valley..its usually a very similar story.

My belief is that it (the modern phenomenon) is a deception. I believe modern man is being 'conditioned' about what to believe.

Well thats my :twocents:

I would go deeper but I haven't had my :coffee:

And no I haven't been :cheers:......yet.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I believe! hell I even got an alien tattoo :) Look at how big space is.... If there are no other life out there... then ist that a huge wast of space?

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    to think that we are the only ones out there or that we are the most intellingent is elietist to say the least. on i'm not a ufo freak in any way. it's just thinking we are the only ones in the universe just does'nt sit well with me. RANT OFF

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Solipsistic views of the universe (we are the only ones) pander to one's fear of the unknown. I think there are aliens, but we blow alot of the UFO stuff out of proportion. I dont think we are a genetic conservatory to them, but we are a curiosity to them.

There is SO much stuff unexplained in our scientific world. When religion, science and the innerspace of the human mind collide, enjoy the ride!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    No !

I think that they must be friendly or else they'd already have taken us out.

We're probably part of some reality series that is watched in another universe.
    They're probably just studying us, maybe determining if we are a danger to anyone other than ourselves.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well, if you watch star trek enterprise they visit planets which are not as technologically advanced as them but they don't make themselves known because they don't want to "contaminate" their culture as they put it. Is it possible that these "aliens" have visited but don't want people to know it because they don't want to contaminate our culture in the same way? I think it is a possibility. If they are so technologically advanced we will not be worth anything to them because they will obtain natural resources easily and hell basically everything they needed would be obtained easily. They would have robots to do their dirty work not us stubborn ass humans. lol. I like this thread though. You all make good points.

Top Bottom