• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Does she know you're writing this now? :nono: :D

we don't have a word, but "tell ya later" seems to work.

And I want to know what the mom who started stuff in the restaurant was doing too. She can't hear you know so go ahead and share.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Actually I think the last time I had a narcotic was when I was 16 and had wisdom teeth taken out. I took one, puked, and never looked back. Eyelid surgery, vasectomy, in-law visits, all natural!

:yesway:

I remember you saying you took celcoxib after the vasectomy...that takes balls. Pun fully intended.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago after wisdom teeth extraction. No puking, but ridiculous dreams and just felt generally awful. As far as in laws, I self medicate with EtOH...but don't tell anyone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does she know you're writing this now? :nono: :D

we don't have a word, but "tell ya later" seems to work.

And I want to know what the mom who started stuff in the restaurant was doing too. She can't hear you know so go ahead and share.

We were having one of our famous OH SO ROMANTIC kid free dates of running errands and grabbing lunch... she felt like Subway and the closest subway was in a shell gas station. With a check cashing place inside as well! I know, Romantic huh?

Anyway a mom in her early twenties with a 8 year old daughter walk in and cash a check, then go through the line behind the wife. (I already had my food).

Wife and I are talking and the mom and daughter walk up to the table behind and across the aisle from the wife and tossed her water bottle and large heavy keychain on the table as she sat down making a huge racket. At the same time she barked at her daughter to sit down and eat in a very rude way. In fact the lady in the check cashing place actually stood there staring at her with her baconhole open for quite some time as the mom sat there while her daughter ate, and every time I got a profile view of her she was obviously not having a good day.

I naturally reacted to the noise, and about the time it was clear what was going on and it was no big deal, Mrs. Monkey asked what was up. I told her "nothing." but she kept nagging. I really didnt feel like discussing the woman's attitude and rudeness to her child 10 feet away. If she had overheard she appeared to be the type to cause a scene and I also didnt want to tick mom off any more for her daughter's sake. (kid seemed happy otherwise so I wasnt worried about abuse)

And Ive tried the "ill tell you later." but she still sometimes doesnt get why and wants to know NOW!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We were having one of our famous OH SO ROMANTIC kid free dates of running errands and grabbing lunch... she felt like Subway and the closest subway was in a shell gas station. With a check cashing place inside as well! I know, Romantic huh?

Anyway a mom in her early twenties with a 8 year old daughter walk in and cash a check, then go through the line behind the wife. (I already had my food). wife and I are talking and the mom and daughter walk up to the table behind and across the aisle from the wife and tossed her water bottle and large heavy keychain on the table as she sat down making a huge racket. At the same time she barked at her daughter to sit down and eat in a very rude way. In fact the lady in the check cashing place actually stood there staring at her with her baconhole open for quite some time as the mom sat there while her daughter ate, and every time I got a profile view of her she was obviously not having a good day.

I naturally reacted to the noise, and about the time it was clear what was going on and it was no big deal, Mrs. Monkey asked what was up. I told her "nothing." but she kept nagging. I really didnt feel like discussing the woman's attitude and rudeness to her child 10 feet away. If she had overheard she appeared to be the type to cause a scene and I also didnt want to tick mom off any more for her daughter's sake. (kid seemed happy otherwise so I wasnt worried about abuse)

And Ive tried the "ill tell you later." but she still sometimes doesnt get why and wants to know NOW!

Your darling wife seemed to be the "I want to know if I ask" personality. Bet she keeps you on your toes......mine does.....:)

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Sometimes the people I am with do not understand how loud they are talking, about things they likely shouldn't be saying in front of strangers anyway because it could be taken the wrong way.

I've kind of addopted the phrase "we are in a cornfield" or the word "corn". (because we are surrounded by ears)

I also use it at work with co-workers, because there are very very strict privacy laws in the medical field preventing us from talking about any kind of patient information at all within earshot of anyone who should know.

Basically its my way of saying quit talking about this right this moment until we are in private.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If I think that I'm understanding Cameramonkey's question correctly, he is asking for a way to say "Lets talk about it later, because we are within earshot of others"

My wife and I use "Cornfield" As in cornfields have many ears. I will admit that I have had to even use it in a sentence to get her on board. "Do you remember when we drove past that cornfield that had all the ears in it?"

Sometimes the people I am with do not understand how loud they are talking, about things they likely shouldn't be saying in front of strangers anyway because it could be taken the wrong way.

I've kind of addopted the phrase "we are in a cornfield" or the word "corn". (because we are surrounded by ears)

I also use it at work with co-workers, because there are very very strict privacy laws in the medical field preventing us from talking about any kind of patient information at all within earshot of anyone who should know.

Basically its my way of saying quit talking about this right this moment until we are in private.

You two related? LOL

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If I think that I'm understanding Cameramonkey's question correctly, he is asking for a way to say "Lets talk about it later, because we are within earshot of others"

My wife and I use "Cornfield" As in cornfields have many ears. I will admit that I have had to even use it in a sentence to get her on board. "Do you remember when we drove past that cornfield that had all the ears in it?"

SHILL ACCOUNT DETECTED!!!!!!!! :runaway:

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    You two related? LOL

wow thats funny. As far as I am aware... No.

I always thought it was a pretty common saying, until I started saying it, and everyone just stared confused at me. Occasionally someone I say it to isnt "hip" to the term, and I ask them, what is in a cornfield, and they always reply corn lol. Then I have to walk them through it.

I didn't read anyone's comments yet lol

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    No need for a safe word regarding golden silence. But if Im on the phone asking her if she saw the cat food I picked up for gaston....she knows I am in a situation while unarmed and to procees calling 911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the cornfield thing.
    If you spend enough time with the wife/family/friends they will know and understand non-verbal intentions. It only takes a look from me or them and we all tend to focus on what is around us.

Top Bottom