Do You Actively Watch for Others Carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Yes i look for other guns near me in case a) i need them to cover me b) need to watch them c) ?????? just because.

Wow.
    I must admit that I always make sure my path out of an area or situation is clear but I do not have a plan to kill everyone I meet. There's a time to stand down soldier. The whole world is not a war zone.

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    I always look for the ones that are carrying whether open or concealed. I do it more for my own practice to see if I am as aware of my surroundings as I think I am. I'm sure I miss more than I catch, but I am working on it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've seen several, and point them out to my wife. She's getting better, though she doesn't have a LTCH yet.

I have always looked and studied people, always had good SA, and always look for a spot with multiple outs.

It's fun to watch for people when I actually CC. :-)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wow.
    I must admit that I always make sure my path out of an area or situation is clear but I do not have a plan to kill everyone I meet. There's a time to stand down soldier. The whole world is not a war zone.

I'm certainly no soldier, but I agree with blamecharles about that.
    EVERYone falls under my suspicion until their intentions are vetted.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I don't do it (look closely at everyone to see if I can spot who might be armed) assiduously, but I do try to keep my eyes open to what's around me.

But it is hard not to notice if there's a distinct "print" or somebody's doing some obvious "piece petting" after getting out of their car, etc..

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I am always trying to take in my surroundings. One to have a plan, and two to have a backup plan.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Empty Hands I get to go home to my son. :)
    I also scan people, exits, cover and concealment places. Where I can safely stash my son for WSTF.

I also look closer at *HOW* people walk and move. You can tell if someone has some martial training. Good Shin Nyo (mindfullness), and having a 3 year old who has "OH shiney I want!" and is very fast when he wants to be.

So what is a WSTF, White Sands Test Facility?

I am always looking for cc or oc especially in church and off duty LEO I am always surprised at how few of them carry when off duty.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I do all of the time...my close friend and I have coffee every Friday morning at a Starbucks in Lafayete (SR 26 and I-65) ...I always open carry there and they are all comfortable with it...anyway, we stoutside and chat and have coffee before going to work...we always watch for CCers...every morning when we are there, we identify several CCers. Funny, because of you know what you are looking for, the "print" is easy to distnguish. Which makes us wonder if when we CC, if others can tell. A little self-examination is a good thing

GONZO!!!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I don't make a habit of it, nor does it bother me if I see someone carrying. It might be a good excuse for girl watching though. Maybe I can write a smart phone app and make some kind of INGO social game out of it. Now watch, somebody will steal my idea.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Wow.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. One of the rules Maj. Gen. James Mattis gave his Marines to live by in Iraq, as quoted in Fiasco

I didn't go to Iraq but sat on a tank at 0300 several mornings ready to. I also grew up in Texas where every tree, cactus, animal and human may be ready to stab you. I hate sitting with my back to anyone and cannot sleep at night unless i face the door(which my GF hates) its just habit not something that i consciously do.

sajnaj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    bfe rockville in
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. One of the rules Maj. Gen. James Mattis gave his Marines to live by in Iraq, as quoted in Fiasco

I didn't go to Iraq but sat on a tank at 0300 several mornings ready to. I also grew up in Texas where every tree, cactus, animal and human may be ready to stab you. I hate sitting with my back to anyone and cannot sleep at night unless i face the door(which my GF hates) its just habit not something that i consciously do.

that is a line to live buy the longer i work in corrections the more and more i welcome this mindset

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You dont actually need to spot a weapon on someone.
    I just assume that 100% of the people I see are armed (handgun, knife, baton, whatever), if they do something im not surprised if they pull a weapon even if I didn't spot that particular weapon.

Kinda like "All guns are always loaded", "all people are always armed".

Top Bottom