Do the re-introduced Cougars pose a threat to us?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big cats. What do you think?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    There were some sightings in Harrison county a few years back,My daughter was staying the weekend with my parents,and while they were walking, my daughter asked my mom if she seen that big cat.Mom said she thought she was talking about a big alley cat or bobcat,and never thought much of it.Then the next day one was sighted down by Big Indian Creek on the south side of Corydon. Then she put the story my daughter told her together with the other sighting. Escaped tame cat or wild never found out,what amazed me was the miles it traveled in a 24 hour period,if it was the same cat. Would be neet yo see one.

mphurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Columbus
    If you only have your CCW with you and it's within range.....it's a threat. Shoot away.

I spent a lot of time in the woods and would not think twice about it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you only have your CCW with you and it's within range.....it's a threat. Shoot away.

I spent a lot of time in the woods and would not think twice about it.
    :dunno: So just because it's in range makes it a threat?

Thats the most poorly thought-out statement I've heard in a while...

...only 37 more to go eh?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Mountain Lion Spotted In Rural Greene County - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

7 years ago a lady living in Morgantown released two wolves and a Mt. Lion from her home. The animals were purchased (or kept) illegally, evidently. The DNR came to get 'em, she wouldn't answer the door, they left and when they returned the animals were gone.
    Now, that story by itself you'd would think was BS. About 6 months after that I was walking to the woods behind my house during early archery season, still dark. I was maybe 100 yards from the edge of the woods when I heard some leaves scuffling about, a pained squeal that stopped abruptly with a crunch of bones in the woodline in front of me. I figured a fox or coyote had caught a morsel for breakfast and not wanting to sneak up on a critter on a kill I said loudly as I walked "Go on' Git!"
    Well you remember that old commercial for the ford lincoln mercury place up in Indy that had the mountain lion roar in it? It sounded exactly like that. I actually yelled out it caught me so unawares. All the dogs in the area immediately started barking furiously. At this point I was maybe 60 yards from the edge of the woods and I've never experienced such gut wrenching fear. I about broke the arrow trying to get it out of the quiver, got it on the string, got my mini mag out and turned on and yelled for it to get outta here one more time. It screamed at me again and then I could here it slinking off down the creek through the dry leaves.
    I backed up the hill and sat in my truck and shook for ten minutes.True story folks and I live in Northern Brown County.
    South of stone head a man I know found a dead buck in his back yard . It had been killed 40 yards from where he found it, (he followed the drag marks). We found where the grass was matted down where the cat had laid in wait for the buck too. The only damage to the deer other than the few pounds of meat gone from it flank was that its neck was broken.Vertebrae were completely separated. It was covered in leaves and dirt. We found tracks in the creek , one large cat and two smaller sets as well.
    All that being said they've been here for a long time already folks, the DNR just can't deny them any more, they are getting too many reports. Another one was seen by a friend of my father in law down on Christiansburg road in Southern Brown County. She nearly hit it in her jeep. She described it as having a three foot tail.
    Yup ,they are here and have been for some time.

Top Bottom