• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Not a bad list. The author defends his or her reason for choosing each gun fairly well, and I would definitely agree with him that the CZ deserves top spot :D

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    The real list is:
    1. Glock 17
    2. Glock 19
    3. Sig 226
    4. Sig 228
    5. Glock 26
    6. 1911
    7. Sig 239
    8. Sig 220
    9. Hi-Power
    10.Beretta 92F

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    the real list should be

1. HK P7M8, with out a doubt the best shooting 9 mil ever.
    2. glock 19, or any other i suppose. i had one i ran 12k rounds through never a jam or hiccup. it went 8k rounds before its first cleaning what a amazing design.
    3. hk usp compact 9, just like the glock just a few more bells and whistles, great guns
    4. lol after the above mentioned just start plugging them in as there are a very large amount of good 9 mils. just not many touching the ones above :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I figured a few Glock fans would be hurt "It's natural"

I will agree with the first pick. The 75B that I once owned, and wish I had back. Is the most accurate handgun I have ever had the chance to fire. I own an FN and can say out of both my 9mm's, which also includes my 92 is a highly accurate gun. I also would have listed the M&P, and Xd a little higher on the scale. It was personal opinion, and everyones is different. That's why I love variety. There are so many guns I like, I cant just stick with one make. As long as I can hold a good group, the gun is comfortable, reliable, easy to maintain, and will cycle whatever I feed her that's all that matters.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    (The calculated omission of "IBTL" in that post further proves my true mastery of this sport of kings.) ;)

I remain... In After The Uncalled Non Lock!

WOOT! :rockwoot:

and now... back to nines. [/threadjack]

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Could someone post the list from the article? Our wonderful Big Brother proxy blocks 95% of firearm related sites. Thankfully this one is part of the 5%.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It was a fairly credible list until they added the Hi-Point. While they have their place...in the top 25 best 9mm's under $550 isn't it. :twocents:

Why shouldn't they be on the list?

They work, and they work well. The company's customer service is unparalleled. They are ugly, heavy, and as bone simple as a firearm can get but, again, they work. On a list of economy guns, I can't see why they wouldn't be there. For some folks, it does everything they need from a gun. I don't want one, but cannot deny their basic functionality, which is far better than one should expect for the price tag.

One thing I don't get though... A local store has a whole bunch of leather Galco holsters (I think the Fletch, but won't swear to it.) Now, if a person is in a place where the Hi-Point is the gun they have to get, can they really afford to be dropping $60 on a fancy holster?

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nice list but the Sig 220 isn't a 9mm , and a new one can't be had for under $550 , and if it can please tell me where , I need another one :dunno:

2022, not 220. It's Sigs mediocre, first attempt at polymer framed guns, and I don't really think it has any place on the list. While you can't get a good new Sig for under $550, a very good quality used 226 or 228/229 can be had for around $500, and definitely deserves a place on any list of the best 9mms.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    From reading the section about the 92FS they said Beretta is phasing them out. Is that true? Seeing they just got a contract during the summer for more M9 pistols. I don't see it actually happening. Or is it?

Top Bottom