• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have rant I need to get off my chest and maybe save someone else.

Do not buy from Double Diamond Police Supply. Located in Arizona.

I purchased a custom AR15 in 40 S&W uses Glock magazines on November 1st. 2012
    I had to pay for it up front.
    I was told I would I would receive it in a week.
    Then promised I would have it by December 1st.
    Then promised by Christmas.
    Then promised by January 1st.
    Now, cannot get a return phone call or email.
    Looks like I'm out $1,800.
    Going to call my credit card company and see what can be done.:xmad:

Buying a gun or anything else on line is a crap shoot unless dealing with the larger more reputable company's.
    That said, I hope you get some relief.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Persistence is key, and patience, one thing to realize is the timing of it all is just really bad, every place is going nuts right now, its gotta be tough to keep things straight, most companies will sort it out sooner or later to make the customer happy, but yeah call the CC company quick and see what they can do.

ZenOhSix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Persistence is key, and patience, one thing to realize is the timing of it all is just really bad, every place is going nuts right now, its gotta be tough to keep things straight, most companies will sort it out sooner or later to make the customer happy, but yeah call the CC company quick and see what they can do.

I don't understand - why call the CC company instead of just canceling your order? Going through the chargeback process can be risky to consumers and may not put funds into their accounts in the timely manner that they are looking for. By all means - CC chargebacks are meant to protect the consumer. Where the lines get blurred are in custom orders.

I don't know what the OP purchased, but based on the 1800.00 and information he provided - it seems like he is waiting on a VLTOR upper. If you are unaware - VLTOR is 8 months behind schedule. They were supposed to have a batch of uppers delivered in December - which became delayed. If you were to call VLTOR right now and place an order, expect 8 months for delivery.

The best course for this customer is to call DDLES or go to the AR15 thread I linked and keep tabs what is going on there. They have options to cancel, get updates, change the order, etc. That would be my recommendation.

Thanks,
    Mike

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have a problem with any business that charges your CC when they do not have the item in stock. I will only do business with people that charge your CC when the item is in and ready to ship.

ZenOhSix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I have a problem with any business that charges your CC when they do not have the item in stock. I will only do business with people that charge your CC when the item is in and ready to ship.

I agree in general; yet custom orders should be paid up front. I am not sure if this is a custom order or not - but the yotewacker did say "Custom AR15". If it was a custom engraved, billet 7075, or something - then that is paid up front. It looks like he ordered a complete rifle from the description, to which the rest of the parts could have been charged later; often companies charge all at one time.

Mike

Top Bottom