• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Honestly looks are what grab my attention and then i read up on them. As long as they aren't plagued with problems i just buy what i like, and even then everybody has their own experiences. Even great companies have a few bad eggs on occasion.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice to have good looking things when you can, guns, cars, women....but the looks always do come in second to the primary purpose..... most of the time.:D

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Of course looks matter. It just happens that I love the look of my seven glocks. Lucky me !!

Besides, looks fade with use. *closing mouth with that comment*

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    As promised, accurate, reliable and pretty.

n482yo.jpg

THAT is SWEEEEETTTTT !!!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I suppose that I have a couple of guns that have blemishes and I'm a little ashamed of that.

My brothers and I were always taught to take fanitical care of every firearm, as it showed that you were treating it with respect.

My grandfather had no problem getting himself dirty, be it hunting, gardening, car repair, etc. but when it came to firearms he made it perfectly clear that a careless person was not to be trusted with weapons. And the condition of the weapon was indication enough to him.

Inevitable rough handling has given my lessor blued pals the slight scar or wear mark. I sheepishly try to hide them when people want to look at them. And holster wear is a nightmere. There's hardly anyway to avoid it for some models.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i love the looks of modern pistols. h&k, sig, cz, the NEW berettas, even the rugers. ive never liked the way 1911s looked, although i have been tossing the idea of buying a kimber around lately. i like the tactical.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Can anyone say Hi-Point?

I would say that although Hi-Points have a good function reputation they look like an alien weapon from the future an I have to draw the line somewhere. Anyway, my order genrally looks like this....1.Feel, 2.shoots when needed, 3.cost, 4. looks...but it can't look like an alien weapon from the future! :D

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    In a gunfight NO but for collecting and target shooting Yes. Looks don't mean s### if the firearm doesn't work properly. In a gunfight it could cost you your life. Durability, reliability and accuracy are everything in a gunfight. The bad guy usually won't care what brand or model of firearm he is being shot with. Only that he is getting shot (notice I didn't say at)? Who knows, he might know that some calibers in particular due more damage though? LOL.......:D

Zeb0204

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Appearance means alot to me in a handgun, but when it comes down to it, reliability, accuracy, and round capacity. When push comes to shove, if i'm in a position where i NEED a handgun to cooperate, i couldn't possibly care less what it looks like. Go for quality, not appearance. (In one of your guns, at least) ;-)

Nobudy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    North Vernon
    I like the Walther p22 for its looks, but I ain't gonna carry one. I get a pistol for it's function and how well it fits my hands, like it's been said before aesthetics of firearms in general are built around function. But do like a well dressed pistol, like a well dressed Woman, it adds to what she already has.;)

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I like it to go bang EVERYTIME I pull the trigger. If it can do that and look decent at the same time, so be it. But looks are not a big deal to me.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Amen

I will take a good looking reliable weapon over a ugly reliable weapon.

I agree. I can not speak a great deal about weapons but to me ugly is a state of disrepair. An ugly car for instance is rusty ol dented up bucket of bolts. sure it runs and will get you to a few places but would ya take it to California tonight?

A lot of times, functional or not, an ugly anything has been abused. I think fare wear and tear is fine. Even lends a little to a service weapons looks but if they look beat they probably are.

Top Bottom