• ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    So, here's my DNG question for the day.

Many of us carry two handguns daily (are there those who carry 3 or 4?)

Does anybody carry the same models? For instance, I absolutely love my Ruger LCR and I OC. I think it'd be pretty nifty to have one on each hip. This goes without saying that I certainly need to practice left handed shooting.

Anyways, if someone loves the model of their primary carry gun, then why not have the same model as your backup?

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    I very rarely oc because my customers and friends just don't understand like us gun guys do. I'm afraid people would have a hay day picking on you for ocing TWO guns. I'm sure they would rename you sippity sam within a few days.
    It sucks, but thats how people are.....

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Because of function. Pocket guns have short barrels, with limited range and accuracy. Might as well carry something bigger.

That's what this forum is for, education. Many of you have been around guns for years and know this stuff. Me? A few months and I will always be learning.

Now I gotta go buy me some bigger guns. I like revolvers.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I want the Ruger Redhawk

5001.jpg

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    That's what this forum is for, education. Many of you have been around guns for years and know this stuff. Me? A few months and I will always be learning.

Now I gotta go buy me some bigger guns. I like revolvers.

Of course. Its perfectly understandable. I love my Makarov, and its what I feel the most comfortable with right now, since I have shot thousands of rounds on several different ones, I just would never carry two of them.

Take the primary/backup approach. Get a mid-size or full-size semi-auto to compliment your LCR. Or, if you are really insistent on keeping to revolvers, get a full-size .357. Make sure you are carrying a couple speed-loaders for each to. You would hate to get caught with only a handful of rounds.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Also, I'm also not so sure about trying to "dual wield" pistols in real life. I think most people who carry two or more handguns plan on using them one at a time. I know I'd have much better accuracy concentrating on firing one firearm at a time than trying to juggle two at once.

I do like the idea of training yourself to fire with your weak hand, but I figure that's mainly in case your strong hand is incapacitated/pinned.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Take the primary/backup approach. Get a mid-size or full-size semi-auto to compliment your LCR. Or, if you are really insistent on keeping to revolvers, get a full-size .357. Make sure you are carrying a couple speed-loaders for each to. You would hate to get caught with only a handful of rounds.
    I have one speed loader for my LCR now. Need to get another.

Now, as to why I want to stick with revolvers. It's because of a bad incident my friends and I had with a police officer a year ago.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Also, I'm also not so sure about trying to "dual wield" pistols in real life. I think most people who carry two or more handguns plan on using them one at a time. I know I'd have much better accuracy concentrating on firing one firearm at a time than trying to juggle two at once.

I do like the idea of training yourself to fire with your weak hand, but I figure that's mainly in case your strong hand is incapacitated/pinned.
    Never said that I want to 'dual wield', just that I want one on my left and right. Why? What if my right arm is incapacitated due to injury or environment? I still need to be able to defend myself.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    you know protest.....while i agree with much of what joshuaW has said, your comment about style got my attention. yes there are numerous reasons a person may not want to carry two smaller size handguns but only you know the kinds of places or situations you will expose yourself to (of couse there are surprises) BUT i just think you should do what you are comfortable with and when it comes to arming yourself...what is stylish will be last in line of concerns. just my spare change protest

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    you know protest.....while i agree with much of what joshuaW has said, your comment about style got my attention. yes there are numerous reasons a person may not want to carry two smaller size handguns but only you know the kinds of places or situations you will expose yourself to (of couse there are surprises) BUT i just think you should do what you are comfortable with and when it comes to arming yourself...what is stylish will be last in line of concerns. just my spare change protest
    Fully agreed. I could care less about style and I hope that it didn't come across that I did. Nope, this is for defense, not looks.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have one speed loader for my LCR now. Need to get another.

Now, as to why I want to stick with revolvers. It's because of a bad incident my friends and I had with a police officer a year ago.

Oh? Curiosity makes me think there is an interesting story here... Care to share?

**Edit**
    I personally would pick up two more speed loaders. That would give you 20 rounds. I admit I dont know how much of a hassle it is to carry speed loaders, so I wouldnt know if that would be a pain, but you can never have to many!

Top Bottom