• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    When I was divorced the ex and I went through lawyers, even though we agreed on everything and together it cost around 4K.
    Had I know of the online stuff, I would have done it that way. We never seen a judge, only talked with our respective attorneys and signed papers, judge signed off and we were divorced in 60 days.
    Sounds the same as the online stuff, so why pay 4K for that?

4K ouch! I know I couple (or ex couple) who did it this way for about $500. I have seen I big difference in the way lawyers work. Some charge for a 2 minute phone call while other will say upfront this will cost you $500 and then they will stick to it unless things get out of hand. Buyer beware!

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    4K ouch! I know I couple (or ex couple) who did it this way for about $500. I have seen I big difference in the way lawyers work. Some charge for a 2 minute phone call while other will say upfront this will cost you $500 and then they will stick to it unless things get out of hand. Buyer beware!

I did mine through a lawyer In 2002. Cost me $500. The Ex and I went into his office together, he asked us both a few questions, filled out and filed the paperwork. That way if either of us tried to find a loophole, It was on the Lawyers. It was great, except for listening to her cry all the way back to Corydon. Never offer your wife a ride to the Divorce Lawyer.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County

I did mine through a lawyer In 2002. Cost me $500. The Ex and I went into his office together, he asked us both a few questions, filled out and filed the paperwork. That way if either of us tried to find a loophole, It was on the Lawyers. It was great, except for listening to her cry all the way back to Corydon. Never offer your wife a ride to the Divorce Lawyer.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Wow, what a horrible person...Not only will she not even attempt at working things out for the sake of your kids, but she wants too split the kids up from each other as well??? Where'd you find this gem?:xmad:
    In the Navy. Just over six years together. Married for a year. She left just after our one year anniversary. As far as her being a horrible person, I don't know. I never expected anything like this from her. I don't know what her thought process is because she won't really talk to me. It's hard for me to think of her as a horrible person. It's going to be tuff for me if I have to fight her in court.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    In the Navy. Just over six years together. Married for a year. She left just after our one year anniversary. As far as her being a horrible person, I don't know. I never expected anything like this from her. I don't know what her thought process is because she won't really talk to me. It's hard for me to think of her as a horrible person. It's going to be tuff for me if I have to fight her in court.

Do you suspect she's found someone else? I have someone I work with who's husband left her after 27 years of marriage. He got back in touch with a high school sweatheart on Facebook. He also left two kids behind. :noway:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Do you suspect she's found someone else? I have someone I work with who's husband left her after 27 years of marriage. He got back in touch with a high school sweatheart on Facebook. He also left two kids behind. :noway:
    How the * do people do this to their families. I can not for the life of me understand how someone could just leave their children.

Anyway, yes she is seeing someone else. Not someone she used to know though. It's someone she works with. That makes it harder for me to digest. It didn't take a past love to pull her away. It only took some * who will probably dump her in a month.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

I have noticed among friends from high school and work that this seems to be a growing problem. Especially in my age group 25-45 I have noticed a bunch of people splitting up because of either finding an ex on myspace or facebook, and internet romances...

I feel sorry for you guys and girls, I decided at about 22(12 yrs ago) I would never get married after having to leave the apartment that had my name on the lease, with all utilities in my name, all of the furniture and appliances over bogus domestic charges....

She had 2 credit cards she illegally obtained in my name, ran up a 400 dollar phone bill, didn't pay NIPSCO for 3 months with the money I would give her to do just that. She was arrested for that and admitted that I never touched her that it was her daughters father that hit her while he was there before I got home from work(they were having sex in my bed while I was working).

Long story short I lost a child I raised as my own from 2 months old, had criminal charges(that got fixed real quick), ruined my credit, and a broken heart. People say I should get over it and move on, but I am over it, I just refuse to be put in that spot again, I date but I don't let it get serious....

I wish you all luck and hope for the best!!!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Wow Mike. I am thankful that she is not doing anything like that. At least not yet. She has said that she will keep helping with the bills and such until the house is sold. Without her income I would not be able to pay all the bills. I do not know how long she will be able to keep paying though. I imagine that eventually she will have to start paying to help out where she is staying or pay when she gets her own place.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yup, I think there is a lot of shenanigans going on because of Facebook. My wife's addicted to it. I really have no desire to resurrect all the people from my past and post about every little thing I do. Well, except here on INGO...

I have noticed among friends from high school and work that this seems to be a growing problem. Especially in my age group 25-45 I have noticed a bunch of people splitting up because of either finding an ex on myspace or facebook, and internet romances...

I feel sorry for you guys and girls, I decided at about 22(12 yrs ago) I would never get married after having to leave the apartment that had my name on the lease, with all utilities in my name, all of the furniture and appliances over bogus domestic charges....

She had 2 credit cards she illegally obtained in my name, ran up a 400 dollar phone bill, didn't pay NIPSCO for 3 months with the money I would give her to do just that. She was arrested for that and admitted that I never touched her that it was her daughters father that hit her while he was there before I got home from work(they were having sex in my bed while I was working).

Long story short I lost a child I raised as my own from 2 months old, had criminal charges(that got fixed real quick), ruined my credit, and a broken heart. People say I should get over it and move on, but I am over it, I just refuse to be put in that spot again, I date but I don't let it get serious....

I wish you all luck and hope for the best!!!

Top Bottom