• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    My wife and I took some friends to Lunkers Saturday. Our friends first time there. My wife and I have been telling them about this place for some time and we finally got to go. Much to our surprise Lunkers isn't at all what it used to be! The great outdoors store in Edwardsburg Michigan was quite a dissapointment. They have closed off the hunting and gun section of the store and moved it into the fishing end. The part of the store that had all of the Columbia Wear and trinkets and clothing etc. is to say the least, almost non existent. OH the restaurant is still quite good. Camping section is somewhat smaller and the fishing side is now cramped and seemed diminished. It just wasnt the same as it used to be. Very dissapointing!:xmad:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't been up there in years. I used to go every now and then. Of course I used to buy bait there back when it was just a bait shop.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Just curious what is the exact location of this store? I have heard it is a good place but by this post i am not for sure about the drive then....

LMK on location!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Just curious what is the exact location of this store? I have heard it is a good place but by this post i am not for sure about the drive then....

LMK on location!

Exact location is Edwardsburg Michigan on St Rd 12 just north of Granger Indiana. There is still a heck of a fishing store there but the hunting and gun part of it is way different then what it was. If you have never been there you wouldn't know the difference. It is a little bit of a trip from Frankfort. Bass Pro on 94 is a better trip if your gonna make a day trip. I think it's better then Cabelas in Hammond. BP definetly has a better restaurant! Cabelas sucks when it comes to dining.

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lunkers has always been a great place to visit in the past. I have not been there in a couple years, but the last time I was there the prices were a little high.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Have not been there in about twelve years. My youngest daughter and I used to go there for lunch every other Saturday or so when we lived on the North side of Elkhart. Did this for about ten years in the 80's and 90's. She is a big girl now too(in her 30's) with a family of her own. I guess everything changes. Bought a ton of fishing and hunting stuff from them back in the day.

Top Bottom