• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This video showed up in my email and speaks to this topic. Some of the survey questions referred to need a closer look, such as 39% say "honor killings" are "always, sometimes, or occasionally justified" as opposed to 61% "never" but then some of those surveyed would apply "honor killing" to a rape victim. As for how this applies to the west isn't entirely clear as rural Afghanis or Pakistanis are presumably more fundamentalist than Turks or Syrians, I assume. Then again, the experience of France or Sweden show that distance isn't the buffer that it once was.WATCH: Let's Be Honest - Islam Today Has a Problem (Untold Story of What Muslims Actually Believe) | United with Israel

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Point of order, hilljack crap would replicate civil war cannons and would likely involve potatoes and PBR in some fashion.

Now, as to why they don't smuggle in real mortars...probably because ISIS doesn't have much in the way of logistics. Their plan is to radicalize via social media and have the new operative equip themselves locally from what I've seen.

Agreed. The whole point of asymmetrical warfare is to use minimal resources to create as much disruption to infrastructure and public morale as possible while remaining dispersed and difficult to pinpoint and suppress. "Homegrown radicalization" with locally procured or improvised weaponry is the ultimate refinement of such warfare, minimizing communications and infrastructure that can be identified and neutralized.

However, such incidents can be minimized, if not eliminated, by a vigilant public with the ability to immediately defend itself against threats as they appear. This is one way in which Americans are much better off than their European counterparts.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. The whole point of asymmetrical warfare is to use minimal resources to create as much disruption to infrastructure and public morale as possible while remaining dispersed and difficult to pinpoint and suppress. "Homegrown radicalization" with locally procured or improvised weaponry is the ultimate refinement of such warfare, minimizing communications and infrastructure that can be identified and neutralized.

However, such incidents can be minimized, if not eliminated, by a vigilant public with the ability to immediately defend itself against threats as they appear. This is one way in which Americans are much better off than their European counterparts.

You're talking phosgene. Aren't you?

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Really?

...Look for what you want, and you'll find it. There's billions of people to choose from. If I were trying to radicalize people, though, this mass condemnation of a religion, Trumps statements, and the like are perfect fuel. It's fantastic for driving a wedge, for showing there really is a War on Islam, and you better fight now before they come for you.

So, out of curiosity, should I leave INGO? It's getting pretty damn tiresome to see mass condemnation, to see Quran quotes taken out of context to further an agenda, and it's pretty damn tiresome to be constantly lumped in with terrorists. Where's the "natural rights" crowd when Trump calls for a ban on an entire religion entering the country. If I married my wife under Trump's plan I just have to stay out of the country forever because you're scared of a pharmacist based on her religion? What about Americans with children born abroad? People with business interests in the US? People who've had visas for decades and never caused an issue visiting relatives here? Are you guys that scared of me and my family? The funny thing is many of the most vocal would actually be pretty in tune with Islam if they looked at what it actually is and not what perverse anti-Islam sources present it to be based on man bites dog stories. Charity. Defense of the weak by the strong. Justice with an understanding of they underlying motive for the crime, not just the crime itself.

So, seriously, should I leave? It seems less and less welcoming here since religion is an allowed topic and I'm constantly told how we are. I've stuck around through the anti-cop bull****, but this is a lot harder to stay calm about as it's not just about me, but about people I love and care about.

Good lord, don't leave. Your (and the few vocal others like you) ability to wade through the general dis/misinformation spewed around by the "good 'ol-boy" club hereabouts is one of the few reasons many of us stick around. I've met so many INGO members that are truly socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and in person VERY vocal about the same issue(s) that drive you to your wit's end that I cannot count them all. Rest assured they outnumber the vocal minority of angry old white men who are pissed because they're not in charge anymore. Don't let that squeaky wheel minority of tinfoil-hat-wearing xenophobes and bigots who suck up all the bandwidth make a decision for You.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good lord, don't leave. Your (and the few vocal others like you) ability to wade through the general dis/misinformation spewed around by the "good 'ol-boy" club hereabouts is one of the few reasons many of us stick around. I've met so many INGO members that are truly socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and in person VERY vocal about the same issue(s) that drive you to your wit's end that I cannot count them all. Rest assured they outnumber the vocal minority of angry old white men who are pissed because they're not in charge anymore. Don't let that squeaky wheel minority of tinfoil-hat-wearing xenophobes and bigots who suck up all the bandwidth make a decision for You.

Wow!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol, awesome

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

So I guess you just called out (from what I am getting from your post) 80% of ingo.
    I am wondering where I fit into this.
    As stated up thread......."WOW"

I guess we should all bow our heads in shame and reassess our lives.

I will start on this right away.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Been listening to the Democrat's talking points again, huh? ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    iu

Top Bottom