• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Probably just the typical rate increase negotiations. That happens a lot with Dish because they don't just roll over and hike prices whenever a network wants more money.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No problem. I just dropped the Dish when they raised my rates. I will not pay $200/mo. for TV.

It is really amazing how much more I get done in the evening without the Dish demanding attention!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I pay 114 for dish 250 with showtime. Fios fastest internet and phone. The new hopper is great. 2000 hrs of dvr and it skips commercials.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Is that a legal source?
    :shady::shady::shady::shady::shady: maybe it is maybe it isnt :shady::shady::shady::shady::shady:
    its not filesharing as iu blocks that, but wont give us any good tv signal.
    Ours looks worse than a vhs tape with bad tracking on the lowest recording setting and they didnt ever deploy the tvoip solution they worked on to solve the signal issues. Another huge issue is to even have that quality of image the amplifers are over modulated and cause out of range issues with any tv I have seen(loud buzzing and visable lines in bright areas and red). Alot of people have complained but they dont do anything but take channels away from us. We lost G4 after it showed a pot documentary we have also lost a few MTVs over censoring. Now we do have a awesome ISP if you dont mind not being able to partake in illegal activitys( i think this is becuase of the server you could run on the connection). I usually avg 100+mbps down and 80+ up with litte to no latency, so if any site is slow its the webservers fault.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Antenna TV gives us what we need: most shows we really want to watch that aren't on the antenna are on the internet within a day or two from the official website anyway.

DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    I used to be a contractor for dish.. the dishs break easy and they charge for their broken mistakes. Also they have a bad habit on not wanting to ground out the dish so if you hit lightning, bye bye t.v. I'd prefer anything over dish.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I used to be a contractor for dish.. the dishs break easy and they charge for their broken mistakes. Also they have a bad habit on not wanting to ground out the dish so if you hit lightning, bye bye t.v. I'd prefer anything over dish.
    That's odd. My Dish equipment is grounded at the pole and I've never had any issues with the dish, even after bumping it repeatedly with my mower. Never have had an issue with equipment in well over a decade of being a Dish customer.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm disappointed that I can't watch AMC anymore. But I'm not going to pay my $60 cancellation fee, and spend more money to start Directv. Especially when AMC has only 2 shows I like to watch, and one of them has only 1 more season left.

I've had no problems with Dish in the past. And I haven't called to get any deals and free stuff yet.

But I'm going to keep them, downgrade my package, and buy the seasons of Breaking Bad and Walking Dead with my iPad, and watch it thru Apple TV.

Top Bottom