• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I've started to throw a round or two a week at Geo. Washington park. Does anyone here play during the week?

Brookside park is my favorite course around. If you've never played there, be sure to bring someone who has, else you'll have a hard time finding your way around.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I've played Brookside a number of times. I love that hole on the back (17?) where you make the looong throw over the flood basin.

Yea thats a cool one, for sure. I think its 18, though. I think GW is the only one in the central Indiana area I havent played.

cubsfan1984

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Wow..
    I play all the time, but I'm in the Northwest part of the state.
    The Disc Golf Pro Worlds is being hosted at Lemon Lake County Park in Crown Point soon. If you guys make it up here definitely check it out, 5-18 hole courses in one park is amazing.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Come down to Bloomington sometime, we have three pretty good courses here. Crestmont is my favorite, it's situated amongst the trees. Makes for some challenging shots!

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I play everyday at lunch here in Crawfordsville at Milligan Park. I live in Indy, so I'd say that Washington park is my home course :D

I've also played at Missiniwah (sp) and Honey Bear Hollow, both excellent courses!

Btw, I got my first Ace last week in the 3 years that I have been playing! :rockwoot:

Id be happy to throw with anyone on the weekdays after 6pm or on the weekends, preferbaly the morning...

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    Come down to Bloomington sometime, we have three pretty good courses here. Crestmont is my favorite, it's situated amongst the trees. Makes for some challenging shots!
    I prefer Crestmont over Karst as well. I've always been told that Karst was awesome before they took out nine baskets, but I only know it in its current layout.

As for Indy, I always like to sneak up and play Washington a time or two during the summer. I've played Brookside before, but I'm not much of a distance thrower so I didn't really enjoy it as much. I want to play the two other courses in Indy at some point.

Avon has a decent course, the course near Trafalgar (on an actual golf course) is fun, Terre Haute has a pretty sweet course at Deming Park and there is a nice course in the park at Brazil. I hear there is a new nine-hole course near Nashville, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just played Northwestway for the first time in a few years. I forgot how much trouble you can get into in the middle of that course, esp the back 9. Ugh.

cubsfan1984

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I must say that I am surprised to see that disc golf is popular amongst some INGO'ers. I figured it would be viewed as a 'hippy' thing and therefore disliked.

Me too,everyone should play disc golf. BTW, Mississinewa sp? is a good course. I feel kind of spoiled having so many courses close by. I play at least 2 rounds a week. Me and some friends go out to West Park in Joliet every few weeks.

We are actually going up to Michigan again for the weekend, the Ludington area has some great courses, especially Flip City in Shelby, MI, excellent private course.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    In Avon we have a pretty nice course in my old neighbor hood, Stratford of Avon. I'm not sure how many holes there is I don't play at all. It seems hippieish to me. But it always looked fun I might give it a try.

Top Bottom