• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Being the entreprenurial type I am thinking about putting together disaster preparedness packages for resale. MRE's, hand charging lights, water containers, etc. I am sure there are other companies doing this already but I cannot find any. Does anyone know of any?

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    You'll have a lot of competition. Here are four just off the top of my head. If you get into it, I'd suggest you go first quality. Some of the kits available use pretty shoddy components. Others are really good, but no one I've found has a ready made kit that I'd buy.

Hope this helps.

Emergency kits and 72 Hour Kits - Emergency Essentials

Car Emergency Kits, Roadside Emergency Kits, Custom Emergency Kits, 72 Hour Survival Kits, First Aid Kits

Home Survival Kits Earthquake Kits Survival Kits

Nitro-Pak.com The World Leader in Innovative & Affordable Preparedness Gear

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Cheaper than Dirt also sells several different packages as well as individual components
    I try to remain loyal to the shooting community and thus will never purchase from CTD. I also have seen many of these ready made kits and find quality to be lacking big time. If my life and the well being of my family are on the line, I prefer the kits I put together myself from components that are tried and true. I have a ton of money tied up in them, but the peace of mind is well worth it. Sooo, to make a long story short, my advise is QUALITY FIRST. While this may turn some away from your product those that buy it will likely feel better about their purchase and recommend it to others.

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    I agree with what had been said about the availability (almost non-existent) of QUALITY kits. The problem I ran into was that when you use high quality components, you can easily end up with $1000+ kit. Most people that have kits of this level of quality have built them up over time. It is much harder to sell a $1k+ product and to find/connect with your target market. It is also much harder to carry inventory for expensive products for a small business with limited capital. However, there are ways. It can be done. Again, good luck with your endeavours.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It would be good to break up a total kit into separate packages.

A - Food
    B - Water
    C - Fire
    D - etc...

So that way you don't have to buy the whole thing. You can buy the package that supplements what you already have.

Another option, if you were ambitious, would be to offer a couple of different quality levels.

Just some thoughts. I've not seen many good 'survival' kits. Most of them are, you get what you pay for. Cheap price means cheap quality.

Top Bottom