• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    ok the last 10 weapons i have bought FTF have been very dirty when the was advertised as clean and well maintained weapons....i guess i need to take my glass's with me when i go to buy something......is it just me or should i not expiate everyone else to take care of the firearms the way i do?:dunno:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    ok the last 10 weapons i have bought FTF have been very dirty when the was advertised as clean and well maintained weapons....i guess i need to take my glass's with me when i go to buy something......is it just me or should i not expiate everyone else to take care of the firearms the way i do?:dunno:

Define dirty. :dunno:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    need a good cleanin' that looks like 250rd's on more ran through them????????????.....

Whenever I do a face to face deal that I have previously set up over the internet I take along a printout of everything that was sent and received. If I show up and the thing being offered isn't what was described when we set up the deal then I show the seller the printout and ask for an explanation. If what they bring to the meetup is different from what they advertised I feel free to renegotiate the price or call off the sale.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ive been appauled at some of the dirty firearms ive bought on INGO. FILTHY, FILTHY. i think some people need to take a cleaning and maintenance class before they take a building class. one deffinatly didnt meet the condition described in the ad, but it was still worth more than i was paying so i let it slide. i wont say what it was. i think it all boils down to buying from established members with good feedback. that still doesnt mean it will be clean but it should be as described at least.
    if some gun owners needed their firearms for personal defense i would wonder if they would function.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Eddie i will start doin'that...

ranger i agree if the price is right i don't say a word when i get home and just clean it....

this has just been buggin' me for a while and just seein' if anyone has had this happen to them...

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    According to everything I've read on here Glocks at least are dishwasher safe. So you'd think a fella could at least cycle it through the machine once before the sale! :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ranger i agree if the price is right i don't say a word when i get home and just clean it....

The first thing that happens when I get home is at least a field strip and cleaning anyway. :dunno:

I have even noticed on some of the photos posted that they seem dirty even in the picture. I usually look and wonder "surely that isn't as dirty as it looks".

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I've always tried to get it cleaner than when it was sitting around in my possession when I'm selling it. I don't store my guns dirty, so it doesn't take much, but I'll usually strip everything and re-lube it and make sure it's gtg.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Sheesh...I clean mine every time I'm done firing them, even if just running a couple mags. Maybe these guys don't know how to completely field strip and clean. A firearm is like having an airplane. When you need it in an environment or situation such that your life depends on it, you would want to be sure it is in superb condition. Enough talking about how dirty it can get and still shoot (sticking it in mud or burying in sand and then shooting it), the fact is that 99.9% of the time it is protected. It just takes only a few moments to take it down and clean it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

Your definition of clean my be spotless..... someone elses definition of clean may be that it was cleaned 10,000 rounds ago........

Take your glasses and feild strip it (the easy stuff that doews not require tools) and check it out....... if they don't want you to then chances are they are trying to hide something.

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I know the feeling, I recently got an 1100 back from a friend of mine that I had loaned it to. I am pretty sure he never cleaned it after at least 200 rounds. This is a good friend that knows I clean my firearms after every use even if it is 1 shot! I didn't know what to say, so I broke it down and cleaned it wile he was still here.
    I HOPE HE GOT THE MESSAGE.

Anyhoo as far buying them dirty goes, if they are avertised as clean I hope they are. If not as long as the weapon is OK I don't mind, it gets me aquainted with my new gun.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Different folks have different standards, I am sure some of you would be appalled to know I seldom cleam guns unless shot with corrosive ammo. I will clean an AR every 1000 rounds or so, my Glock hasn't been clean yet (only has a couple hundred rounds through it), P7M8 gets cleaned every 500 rounds or so...you get the idea. I know my firearms and know the will function fine with constant cleaning.

I would add if I was selling one I would clean it. One I recent bought on here I pulled the bolt and couldn't see down the barrel...full of spider nest and dust. One patch and all was well however.

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    most people clean their weapons way to much. More weapons have been cleaned to death then shot to death

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Different folks have different standards, I am sure some of you would be appalled to know I seldom cleam guns unless shot with corrosive ammo. I will clean an AR every 1000 rounds or so, my Glock hasn't been clean yet (only has a couple hundred rounds through it), P7M8 gets cleaned every 500 rounds or so...you get the idea. I know my firearms and know the will function fine with constant cleaning.

I would add if I was selling one I would clean it. One I recent bought on here I pulled the bolt and couldn't see down the barrel...full of spider nest and dust. One patch and all was well however.

:yesway: i am at over 1k rounds through one of my glocks with nothing more than a boresnake ran through it a few times.

Top Bottom