• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    This is a show questions...in your experience what is the dime a dozen gun found at shows, not necessarily from dealers but regular joes trying to trade up. And what is the dime a dozen bang for your buck at shows? I know this is a bit open ended so I am expecting a variety of answers. Thanks

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I can say having walked around the 1500 with a Glock box got me asked 1,000 times by vendors "you sellin?" Then the next one I walked around with a Walther box and didn't have hardly anyone ask, and those that did weren't interested in the P99 that was in it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The fastest things I have ever parted with were gun boxes. A friend of the wife had a break in at some long distance past. There were a couple of winchester commerative boxes, a smith model 60 box, a rather vintage ruger 10-22 box, and a box for a 1980's 870. All of these had everything but the guns.

I would walk into the show and get asked you selling that. Me it is just the box. How much. 60 (Winchester) 25 (smith ) 30 (Ruger). All sold before the end of show. I keep the 870 box. Not bad money since she traded them to me to fix a tv setup. It took me 15 inutes to fix it. She said she wanted them gone and take them with me. She needed the room for christmas decorations.

As far as what I see get traded around back and forth gun wise model 12 remingtons, stevens favorites and savage model 24's,

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    By dime a dozen, if you're talking about items that are in such numbers that you get a killer deal on it. . . . . thru my limited exposure to gun shows I'd be surprised if there are a dozen killer deals combined.

I've seen good deals, don't get me wrong, but if you go expecting to find something specific at 'bar the door prices' I think you'll find more disappointment than anything else.

YMMV

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    On the other side of the coin

If I go to a nother gun show and see an AK 47 with a black stock on it for 1000$ I'm gonna lose my mind. Sry sour from my last gun show trip I did see a lot of Springfield xd for cheap.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    This is a show questions...in your experience what is the dime a dozen gun found at shows, not necessarily from dealers but regular joes trying to trade up. And what is the dime a dozen bang for your buck at shows? I know this is a bit open ended so I am expecting a variety of answers. Thanks
    JUNK!!!! and more JUNK priced to the max...

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i enjoy walking the gun shows looking and looking. I find most item priced higher that I would expect in retail, especially ammo and accessories.

I also find most guns showing prices higher than expected but the vendor seems willing to negotiate down much faster than in retail, especially on a slow Sunday.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Can't say I've seen many bargains being offered by the guys carrying guns around. A few have had decent retail prices - maybe $10 or 20 less than some of the dealers marked prices. I have seen several 91-30 Mosins, Lot of shotguns. Some overpriced AK's and SKS's. Some way overpriced AR's, seems like a lot of people think when they spend $300 to "customize" a gun they can sell it for at least $300+ more - taint so, at least not with me - "Custom" means made for a persons like's - often that is not what I or most others want. In some cases the $300 spent makes the gun worth less. I have bought a few guns at Gun shows. Once or twice from Individuals at the show. Usually I go to the shows to lookee see, and buy some priced right ammo or Powder. Even with the quantity I order off the web the Hazardous and shipping fees add an appreciable percentage. Lat order (bought wholesale through my FFL-03) was close to $400 to make it reasonable to divy up the fees. When I want 8# of surplus or a few 1 pound containers of powders it is usually cheaper at the shows.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Can't say I've seen many bargains being offered by the guys carrying guns around. A few have had decent retail prices - maybe $10 or 20 less than some of the dealers marked prices. I have seen several 91-30 Mosins, Lot of shotguns. Some overpriced AK's and SKS's. Some way overpriced AR's, seems like a lot of people think when they spend $300 to "customize" a gun they can sell it for at least $300+ more - taint so, at least not with me - "Custom" means made for a persons like's - often that is not what I or most others want. In some cases the $300 spent makes the gun worth less. I have bought a few guns at Gun shows. Once or twice from Individuals at the show. Usually I go to the shows to lookee see, and buy some priced right ammo or Powder. Even with the quantity I order off the web the Hazardous and shipping fees add an appreciable percentage. Lat order (bought wholesale through my FFL-03) was close to $400 to make it reasonable to divy up the fees. When I want 8# of surplus or a few 1 pound containers of powders it is usually cheaper at the shows.

Ugh. Yes. "I've got $500 in this $1000 rifle, so I'm looking for about $1800 for it" guys kill me.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    My area you tend to see lots of pump shotguns (Mossbergs and 870's). Also seem to be quite a few Moisin-Nagants and SKS's floating around. Most seen pistol is probably Ruger Blackhawks in various calibers.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    i enjoy walking the gun shows looking and looking. I find most item priced higher that I would expect in retail, especially ammo and accessories.

I also find most guns showing prices higher than expected but the vendor seems willing to negotiate down much faster than in retail, especially on a slow Sunday.

This. I actually enjoy shows for everything but the guns. Sure I check 'em out, but I mainly like the other stuff that you can't really find at retail.

Example, went to the Michigan City show about a month ago, walked away with a novelty knife that looks like a grenade. There's even a pin you have to pull to open the blade. That's the kind of stuff I like.

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom