• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I haven't searched this, but can any of the legal guru's answer this for me? Are there any reasons that a digital scanned PDF of ones LTCH would not be acceptable?

I'm just brainstorming here, I carry mine on my person but got to thinking of wear on the item itself and ways other than the copies I have that could also be used? IMO it would be nice to see it like an endorcement on our DL's.

You are not required to have a copy on your person anymore so anything above that is just gravy. However, if I see an original copy I generally take it at face value and nothing more needs done. A digital or sloppy photo copy will probably force me to at least run your name to verify it's current.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    They'll never put an icon on DLs for LTCH. No one would ever be able to agree if the icon should be a wheel gun, Glock, or 1911.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Since there is no need to carry your LTCH, and no need to carry ID (unless actually driving, then you need your DL), then an image of your LTCH on your iPhone would be pretty irrelevant. I suppose it might be handy in some rare circumstances, like showing it to a friend. I doubt an image would prevent LE from looking it up anyway.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Technically you do not have to have your LTCH on you at all when you carry. Having a scanned copy on your smartphone certainly is not a bad idea, along with the complete Indiana Code. Having a scanned copy of your documents will help any authority figure identify you if you do not have the real ones present.

Or even a photograph.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I can renew my DL online, I wonder why there can't be some kind of LTCH ID card made by the BMV. When you get your pink in the mail, you pay $10 and order it online. They already have your photo and signature digitally, it's just a matter or printing out the card and mailing it. It can have all the same security features as the DL.

No, I don't wan this on my DL. I want a separate card.

The only thing stopping this is getting two government agencies to work together.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I can renew my DL online, I wonder why there can't be some kind of LTCH ID card made by the BMV. When you get your pink in the mail, you pay $10 and order it online. They already have your photo and signature digitally, it's just a matter or printing out the card and mailing it. It can have all the same security features as the DL.

No, I don't wan this on my DL. I want a separate card.

The only thing stopping this is getting two government agencies to work together.

The BMV suspended my DL with no notification because of an error they made in updating my insurance info that my insurance company sent them. I don't think they need to be in charge of anything to do with firearms at this point in time.

Top Bottom