• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I haven't searched this, but can any of the legal guru's answer this for me? Are there any reasons that a digital scanned PDF of ones LTCH would not be acceptable?

I'm just brainstorming here, I carry mine on my person but got to thinking of wear on the item itself and ways other than the copies I have that could also be used? IMO it would be nice to see it like an endorcement on our DL's.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Technically you do not have to have your LTCH on you at all when you carry. Having a scanned copy on your smartphone certainly is not a bad idea, along with the complete Indiana Code. Having a scanned copy of your documents will help any authority figure identify you if you do not have the real ones present.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    If they did make it an endorsement on the Drivers License, I'd think that they could then also simply email you a digital copy of the LTCH.

This would cut costs for them on the Printing and Mailing of paper documents. If we can do our taxes 100% digitally, they should be able to make this happen as well?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I would be willing to accept it as long as one could prove it wasn't fake (i.e. photoshopped). So until the LTCH status is included on the DL, how do you prove its authenticity? Would the person presenting the digital copy become butthurt if an officer called in their info to verify it was valid?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I would be willing to accept it as long as one could prove it wasn't fake (i.e. photoshopped). So until the LTCH status is included on the DL, how do you prove its authenticity? Would the person presenting the digital copy become butthurt if an officer called in their info to verify it was valid?

I would think if it came to checking the LTCH it would need to be verified anyway, photocopy or hard copy.

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012

To me if you do not have anything to hide it should not matter. I think it is a good idea.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I would think if it came to checking the LTCH it would need to be verified anyway, photocopy or hard copy.

This is exactly why I thought of this. It is my guess that ANY Leo would check the status of a LTCH as the status can and does change at times, which seems to make even the hard copy come into question.

Having a hard copy is no greater than a digital version then?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about if a handgun carrier didn't have a LPPS or a scanned photo of same on a digital device, but instead quoted you their 7 digit LTCH license number and expected you to call it in? Would you or any of your coworkers be freaked out, put out, or pissed off at that?

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    How about if a handgun carrier didn't have a LPPS or a scanned photo of same on a digital device, but instead quoted you their 7 digit LTCH license number and expected you to call it in? Would you or any of your coworkers be freaked out, put out, or pissed off at that?

Food for thought! I know all my other important ID numbers and it has come in handy when I didn't have them on my person the couple times I needed it. Nobody had an issue with it then!

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    Would the person presenting the digital copy become butthurt if an officer called in their info to verify it was valid?

I wouldn't have a problem.. As long as the person has nothing to hide & isn't doing anything wrong, I can't see anyone having a problem. I know I personally don't carry a wallet, just my DL & Debit card, so having a digital copy would be nice, making 1 less thing to carry.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

It wouldn't bother me, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Let's just focus on doing away with the requirement in Indiana for a permission slip.

Keep it for reciprocity and it won't matter. Keep it off my DL though. No reason to have to show that or keep it on you when you're just walking down the street.

Top Bottom