• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I remember when 14k was fast for a modem and how long it took to download a simple message board page. Smart phones are amazingly faster from just about anywhere in the country. Although probably my biggest complaint of my entire trip was how crappy AT&T's signal was inside Disney World. The northern parks (Magic Kingdom and Epcot) were the worst.

They were B.B.S. and you would dial in.. surprisingly some you can still dial into directly.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Speaking of antiques...

Anyone (or anyone's child) in need of a fantastic 35mm camera to use in a photography class?

I only presume that they still teach the class based on the "basics" of a manually operated 35mm camera + B&W film...

I have a Canon elan 7 that's just gathering dust...

-J-

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, the delay on flash is just getting the capacitor charged enough to make the xenon tube go flash. An external flash will fix that, as long as the camera will run one. Otherwise, you're stuck.

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    I do like the digital photography technology we have now. Being able to see whether you got a good shot or not and not having to pay for developing crappy pictures is a plus.
    One of the downsides to the new technology now is that people don't think as much about taking pictures that people actually care to see.
    Nothing like relatives coming back from vacation and you getting to see 50 pictures of their hotel room and 100s to 1000s of pics of other things that make no sense In order to see the 25 to 50 pics that are actually worth anything.
    Even though I have digital cameras now. I still try to compose pictures properly and think about what pic is actually worth taking. But I got my start in photography when 35 mm SLRs were the height of technology.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Taste comes into it. You don't have to be so distinguishing when you take them, so you're more likely to get the "magic shot", but you don't have to keep all of them, and should be selective with what you inflict on your relatives. Here's our hotel. Here's the lobby of our hotel. Here's the check-in. Here's Randy, that checked us in. Here's Randy with Edna. Here's our hotel room from the entry. Here are the beds. Here's our hotel room from the window. Here's the picture hanging over the bed. Here's the TV in our hotel room. Here's our bathroom. Here's the shower... Have some sense, man.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Yep, that's why I'm a welder...........before, I was a film processor/printer Processed C-41 and B&W film, printed B&W photos the old school way 3 trays, developer, stop bath, fixer, then wash and dry.....dang I miss that...
    Developed b&W up until just a few years ago, but in the end it's too hard to justify cost and time.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Me and the Mrs. got our first digital camera in 2000 or 01, it was a Olympus C-720 and cost about 450.00 and took great pictures compared to what was out there.

But sadly, my current Droid X2 android smartphone takes pictures that blows them away in quality, shows how much technology has advanced. Today's smartphones out perform 10-12 year old digital cameras.

Now we have a newer model Canon T3i that we just bought because of our 5 year old Xti going on the fritz.

Looking forward to this weekend to shoot upwards to 2500 pics @ the 2012 Indy Air Show, nothing like seeing some classic birds and getting a great aerial shot of them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I took over 300 pics of my b17 flight experience. The screen saver on my iPhone is looking through the nose while in flight. You can see the bomb sight.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I took over 300 pics of my b17 flight experience. The screen saver on my iPhone is looking through the nose while in flight. You can see the bomb sight.

Throw that up here to view, would love to see that.

If I could afford it, I'd jump on one of those flights just for the privilege of being in one of those historic birds while in the air.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Throw that up here to view, would love to see that.

If I could afford it, I'd jump on one of those flights just for the privilege of being in one of those historic birds while in the air.

B-17PurdueAirportLafSept07200809-2.jpg

B-17PurdueAirportLafSept07200809-1.jpg

This was a fun flight to. I'm in the front seat handling the controls.

318817-R1-03-4A.jpg

Top Bottom