• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    It will get easier. Mine was extremely difficult when I first bought it. Shoot a couple hundred rounds and you'll love it.

After a little use it loosens up a lot! Take it out and shoot it!!

:yesway:
    What these guys said. I have a M&P 9c that was very difficult to rack. After my range day (100 rounds) yesterday its a lot better.It gives you an excuse to shoot some more :D

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Thanks again to everyone for your help. I'm kind of surprised so many people have had this problem.
    I have about 300 rounds thru it now and not noticing it being any easier to rack.
    I've been looking for a better skateboard tape, which I really don't much like, and I found something better - at Amazon of all places.
    It's called GT5000 Grip Tape and it a rubber-like tape which is smooth feeling, but very tacky when you grip it hard.
    I have a piece on each side of the slide covering the milled serations on he rear of the slide. It conforms very well to the serations, and makes racking almost easy!
    I have no idea how long it will last, but it appears to be durable. We'll see about that. For $4.99+$2.50 s&h I got 3 strips 2" x 8.5", so I have enough to replace it many times if necessary.
    I really recommend this product. I think it is made by "Hi-Tec Industries", and is available on Amazon. Look under skateboard tape.

Have you tried leaving the slide locked back for a couple weeks? Did that with my girlfriends shield along with putting a couple hundred rounds through it and she is able to rack the slide now.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I'm being totally serious with you, look at Python Super Tack. It's a glove I have used for playing racquetball. It has a rubberized finish on the palms and fingers. If you are right handed buy the left hand glove. If you buy both you can scale tall buildings like spider man -- haha. There are other brands as well, just make sure they are the rubberized kind. any sporting goods store should carry them. Best of luck.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    INDYFAN - I'm serious about helping you to learn to rack your slide more efficiently.

↑ ↑ ↑

Thanks again to everyone for your help. I'm kind of surprised so many people have had this problem.
    I have about 300 rounds thru it now and not noticing it being any easier to rack.
    I've been looking for a better skateboard tape, which I really don't much like, and I found something better - at Amazon of all places.
    It's called GT5000 Grip Tape and it a rubber-like tape which is smooth feeling, but very tacky when you grip it hard.
    I have a piece on each side of the slide covering the milled serations on he rear of the slide. It conforms very well to the serations, and makes racking almost easy!
    I have no idea how long it will last, but it appears to be durable. We'll see about that. For $4.99+$2.50 s&h I got 3 strips 2" x 8.5", so I have enough to replace it many times if necessary.
    I really recommend this product. I think it is made by "Hi-Tec Industries", and is available on Amazon. Look under skateboard tape.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I had the same problem, but a friend told me to pull the hammer back first. That way you are pulling only against the recoil spring. I also wear golf gloves when shooting and these give me a better grip.

Top Bottom