• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you vote in the 2024 Indiana Primary Election?

• Yes

Votes: 52 88.1%
    • No

Votes: 6 10.2%
    • Bacon (it is INGO after all)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA (Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association) members: when you see something very similar to this in the near future, act surprised ;)

The Indiana General Assembly adjourned a good while back, but the recent Primary Election here in Indiana gave me a reason to put my ISRPA Co-Director of Government Affairs (impressive title but I think it means I work for everyone) hat back on.

A poll about going to the polls seems appropriate. My prediction is INGOers vote at a significantly higher rate than the population. Although looking at the stats from the recent Primary, it won't take much.

Link to the voting stats:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I’m writing this, we are one month removed from the Indiana Primary Election. With that in mind I have one question, “Did you vote?”

Looking at the numbers there were a lot of people in Indiana who chose to sit out the 2024 Primary election. According to the Indianavoters.in.gov, there are 4,709,250 registered voters in Indiana. That’s an estimated 91% of the adult population. 814,077 voted in the 2024 Primary, that is 17%.

If you live in Brown County, there’s a roughly 3 in 10 chance you voted (31% voter turnout, the HIGHEST in the State.) If you live in Lake, St Joseph, or Marion County, the chances are roughly 1 in 10 with an 11-12% turnout.

As gun owners, WE HAVE TO SHOW UP AND VOTE!

29% of the votes in the 2024 Primary were absentee votes. This includes both early voting and traditional mail-in absentee ballots.

Having spent over 21 years in the US Air Force, I voted absentee many times over the years. I voted in person once prior to joining the USAF, in 1984 and yes, I did vote for President Reagan (so did a lot of other people.) The next time I would vote in-person would be in a special election as a Florida resident, in 2001. I voted in every election in between and since. Over 40 years of voting (yes 1984 was 40 years ago) I lived in many places and did many different things. In all those elections there was one thing in common: I was a gun owner.

While I choose to vote at the polls on Election Day, we all need to make sure we get to the polls when we can. If you can vote early? Vote early. Are you over 65? You can vote with a traditional absentee ballot in Indiana. Any way you do it, make sure you vote.

As gun owners and supporters of the 2nd Amendment, we outnumber those who oppose the freedoms we enjoy. Our majority doesn’t count unless we show up and vote.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've done my civic duty every year. A few time early voting. My son is 8 and this was the 1st year he didn't accompany because he had a school make up day. Felt weird.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have not missed an opportunity to vote in at least 20 years. I voted for Reagan way back when, but I went through a spell in my 20s where I didn’t really care and couldn’t be bothered to vote.

I haven’t voted for a democrat ever, that I recall.

Quick voting tip: several years back I found a great way to decide between school board candidates. When they approach me at the polls, I ask them if they are democrat or republican. They always answer “the school board is non partisan”, to which I ask again, “but are you democrat or republican”. I will then ad on “because I don’t vote for democrats”. Democrats will immediately get all pissy, and republicans will just smile, and there you have it, an easy way to sort out the trash.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We really can elect the type of people we want to represent us. We must recruit, support, fund and get out the vote for them. If any of you have not read the thread on soft republicans you should read some of the links. They explain how we get such bad representation.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I voted. And when I was touring a lot in TN, I voted early due to not being in town on election day. I could tell most of the time when I had to claim a party ticket while voting early that I was a lone sheep in a lions den. People I had talked to while in line was glaring at me when I would claim a republican ticket. Even the people working the polls. On election day it was always different. For that reason I hated voting early. Even though I am an independent, I haven't voted for a dem since before obama. And plan on keeping it that way.
    But anyway there is a Tn state senator down there that also has a band and I was his go to sound guy most of the time. And some advise he gave me is that we live in a list world. If you vote every election you get put on a list. If you just vote for presidents you get put on that list, And so on and so on. Sooner or later you will need to talk to a politician for something. And they will have their staffers look up the data on these lists to see if they need to take you serious or not. So your vote always will count for something. Might not be the person you are trying to elect, but it does count.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yep. The next question should be "Are you one of the 22 percenters?"

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    If you live in Lake, St Joseph, or Marion County, the chances are roughly 1 in 10 with an 11-12% turnout.
    Anyone want to guess which party these counties vote for?
    Do you think it matters which candidate they vote for in the primary?

Bonus question: do you think it matters which candidate we vote for in those primaries?

Top Bottom