• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I will tell you right now, I am no fan of the man but I do not blame him for all of our ills. I blame congress. Congress has taken since the end of WWII to turn this country from one that was admired around the globe, and emulated whenever possible to one that is a laughing stock.

Half of America is on food stamps, not much more than half the kids in public school manage to graduate high school, and less than a third of those can make it through college.

Our technologies we developed have been sold or given away by congress and previous administrations.

So...tell me, without getting all liberal puking, neocon hating...what did Obama do or say that made you want to vote for him?

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    I was able to vote for the 1st time during Obama's campaign but I didn't vote for him or anyone because I didn't follow politics at all. But I kinda bought into the whole "change" thing but wasn't completely sold on it. I'm going to try and pay attention to the 2012 campaign and might vote this time around.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I did not vote for Obama. I do think he has brought change, time will tell if that change will completely destroy America. I did not buy into a word of the bull**** he was peddling.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was able to vote for the 1st time during Obama's campaign but I didn't vote for him or anyone because I didn't follow politics at all. But I kinda bought into the whole "change" thing but wasn't completely sold on it. I'm going to try and pay attention to the 2012 campaign and might vote this time around.

I know several young people who did vote for Obama. They bought into the whole "change" thing.

One thing that I noticed was they only heard what they wanted to hear.

When asked what Obama would do with our troops in Afghanistan, they told me he said he said he would pull them out quickly. But what Obama really said was he would pull them out as soon as they were no longer needed.

When asked what McCain would do with our troops in Afghanistan, they told me he said he would keep troops there for a long time. But what McCain really said was he would keep troops there for 99 years if necessary but not any longer than needed.

The two politicians actually said the same thing. Both said they would keep troops in Afghanistan for as long as needed. They just said it in very different ways with different words. The meanings were the same. But people impart different meaning on the words based on what they want the politician to say.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    McCain and Obama: bad and worse. I voted for bad to ace out worse. Unfortunately for all of us, worse won. I firmly believe ifn he gets re-elected, we are done for. We already have tentative plans to relocate to my daughters farm where we will be pooling our resources and doing something I haven't done in decades: setting up a perimeter of defense.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Like the saying :How's the hope and change working for ya: Granted he walked into it with a big deficit, but did he have to triple it!!!!, 1978 unempolyment was 10% no one bailed me or anyone else out, the car companys and banks outlasted the bad time, just like all of us did! Now China and other countries own HUGH chunks of america. The last election the Major media refused to say anything bad about him for fear of being called racist, the only media that said anything at all was Fox news and the major media made fun of them, will it be the same this time of will the newsman grow a spine, and NO I did'nt vote for him, and will be a cold day in he## before I will.
    Keep your powder dry and stoke up on all supplies.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I voted for Obama. I was conservative then, and still am. I saw Palin as a larger threat. I understood politicians lie, but Obama came across as a generally middle type guy and I'm not against a president with more central values. It doesn't benefit anyone to have someone hard right or hard left, because when the next guy comes in he'll stick it to your team for screwing over his team. I think Mitch would have been a good president for the same reason, being slightly more moderate. I want a president who won't totally **** off either side, he doesn't need to be as conservative as I am.

I didn't really like McCain but saw a good chance he'd croak in office. I was looking at his VP and the thought of Palin in charge of the country made me vote for the moderate democrat. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and he was and is no where near moderate. If I could do it again, I don't know what I would have done. Palin still scares me but knowing Obama's true colors, I guess I probably would have voted for McCain/Palin. Def. two ****ty choices though.

I'm young as well, but his "hope and change" and charisma didn't sway me. If he actually behaved like he said he would I wouldn't have had a huge problem with him. Obviously almost no politicians ever do though. It's unfortunate.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I voted for Obama. I was conservative then, and still am. I saw Palin as a larger threat. I understood politicians lie, but Obama came across as a generally middle type guy and I'm not against a president with more central values. It doesn't benefit anyone to have someone hard right or hard left, because when the next guy comes in he'll stick it to your team for screwing over his team. I think Mitch would have been a good president for the same reason, being slightly more moderate. I want a president who won't totally **** off either side, he doesn't need to be as conservative as I am.

I didn't really like McCain but saw a good chance he'd croak in office. I was looking at his VP and the thought of Palin in charge of the country made me vote for the moderate democrat. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and he was and is no where near moderate. If I could do it again, I don't know what I would have done. Palin still scares me but knowing Obama's true colors, I guess I probably would have voted for McCain/Palin. Def. two ****ty choices though.

I'm young as well, but his "hope and change" and charisma didn't sway me. (Obviously it did.) If he actually behaved like he said he would I wouldn't have had a huge problem with him. Obviously almost no politicians ever do though. It's unfortunate.

You're joking right?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm an independant Conservative, and actually voted for Hillary in the Prinmary to try to prevent the boy king from getting the nomination. Then I held my nose and voted for Mcain. I'm not sure we'd be much better off with him but we'll never know...

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    Since we are blaming congress I'd like to point out that the Democrats has Iron Fisted Majority Control of both the House and the Senate from January 2007 to January 2011.

Usually, when someone blames the entire entity of ""politicians" or "Congress" it's because they are embarressed about their support for the Democrats and the left but they refuse to say anything nice about Republicans.

Nobody is fooled by it.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Apparently too many eligible voters were not listening very closely to what he was actaully saying during his campaign. My ears perked up when I realized what he was really all about and made his statement about actually wanting to see $5/gallon gasoline to make it easier to remake this country into the society that he would like to see. I personnaly do not really want to live in a mud hut, get my water from the nearest severely polluted creek, cook my meager food rations over the burning dried cow chips that I collected the day before and try to read my old issues of Guns and Ammo by the dim light given off by the single mercury laden 40W bulb that is swinging from the ceiling overhead.

Maybe we should have a contest and vote for a winner on whose descrription of life under the O'Bummer plan would be the most realistic if he was ever allowed to remold us into what he would like to see us become. Anyone with serious health issues would not likely have to suffer through it very long with his O'Bummer care medical plans. How many of you came out good on his cash for clunkers or stimulous programs? Just my two cents. I have to calm down a lot since my doctor tells me that I am just a big stroke waiting to happen. It is very difficult to be calm with the Bammer at the helm.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Layers of fail...

I'm an independant Conservative, and actually voted for Hillary in the Prinmary to try to prevent the boy king from getting the nomination. Then I held my nose and voted for Mcain. I'm not sure we'd be much better off with him but we'll never know...

I did a similar thing.
    After puking in my mouth a little, I signed off as a Dem in the primary and voted for Hillary.
    Then went back in the general and put my Republican back on and voted for McCain. I wasn't happy with the choices, but it was clear to me what I had to do given the slate.

I can honestly say, I did all I could in the voting booth to prevent an Obama presidency.
    I hope more will join me next year.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I did a similar thing.
    After puking in my mouth a little, I signed off as a Dem in the primary and voted for Hillary.
    Then went back in the general and put my Republican back on and voted for McCain. I wasn't happy with the choices, but it was clear to me what I had to do given the slate.

I can honestly say, I did all I could in the voting booth to prevent an Obama presidency.
    I hope more will join me next year.

Did the same thing. :yesway:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Tebow....PLEASE VOTE. ALWAYS VOTE.

Frankly, in these times, only a numbskull would reject change as something good. We need to KNOW in advance what kind of change the candidate is capable of making. I think a lot of people got caught up in the "change" campaign....it's how Carter won in 1976, his slogan was "For a change..." and it worked for him.

This time all the changes seem to be bad,or made a bad situation worse.

Thanks for answering...but PLEASE VOTE. Many men and women are dead in the ground because they gave their lives for our freedoms. Don't take it for granted.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Since we are blaming congress I'd like to point out that the Democrats has Iron Fisted Majority Control of both the House and the Senate from January 2007 to January 2011.

Usually, when someone blames the entire entity of ""politicians" or "Congress" it's because they are embarressed about their support for the Democrats and the left but they refuse to say anything nice about Republicans.

Nobody is fooled by it.

I feel like you called me a democrat and a leftie. That would be something.

I have no political party affiliation, I despise all of congress, not just the reds, or the blues but all of them. I'd rather my child grow up to be a drug dealer than a congressman...at least he'd have honest work.

We're in the shape we're in because the voting public keeps sending the same kind of people to congress that they always have. Then they act all pissed off when they get lied too.

People ARE stupid and this federal government proves it. We need to wake up America.

Earl Pitts

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    Many men and women are dead in the ground because they gave their lives for our freedoms. Don't take it for granted.

Don't worry, even though I'm only 21, I take nothing for granted and understand how precious life is. I have nothing but utmost respect for our military, my cousin is one of them. My grandpa was in WWII, took a round in the back, survived and was awarded the Purple Heart. :patriot:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Tebow....PLEASE VOTE. ALWAYS VOTE.

Frankly, in these times, only a numbskull would reject change as something good. We need to KNOW in advance what kind of change the candidate is capable of making. I think a lot of people got caught up in the "change" campaign....it's how Carter won in 1976, his slogan was "For a change..." and it worked for him.

This time all the changes seem to be bad,or made a bad situation worse.

Thanks for answering...but PLEASE VOTE. Many men and women are dead in the ground because they gave their lives for our freedoms. Don't take it for granted.

Actually, I think Tebow did the right thing by not voting. I think voters who don't pay attention and just go pull levers based on party affiliation and/or name recognition are part of the problem. Don't even get me started on people being rounded up to vote based on what someone tells them is best for them.

Top Bottom