• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    im all for new leadership and a fresh face in the GOP but I really cant understand how people are jumping on the Jindal wagon, is that really the best we have? He got ripped on his home turf of Fox News for his excruciatingly painful delivery, and I had to cringe each time i felt like i was an infant being spoonfed. Unfortunately the message was lost on me. Hopefully someone will rise from the GOP ranks that has the brains and carisma to take on obama, i just dont see jindal or palin being the answer, and trust me, I had high hopes for jindal.

The slight of hand by Obama on the earmarks was tricky, and his sidekick Axelrod was justifying it by saying that the current bill was loaded from the previous administration. if you are trying to build concensus accross the aisle, you cant go ripping out every pet project from each state which includes dems and republicans. It would be impossible to get a bill passed that removed all the prior earmarks at this point. Next year is realistic, and he should have been clear about that.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    im all for new leadership and a fresh face in the GOP but I really cant understand how people are jumping on the Jindal wagon, is that really the best we have? He got ripped on his home turf of Fox News for his excruciatingly painful delivery, and I had to cringe each time i felt like i was an infant being spoonfed. Unfortunately the message was lost on me. Hopefully someone will rise from the GOP ranks that has the brains and carisma to take on obama, i just dont see jindal or palin being the answer, and trust me, I had high hopes for jindal.

Jindal is actually pretty awesome, but he didn't come across well last night. Keep in mind, Bill Clinton came across terribly in his speech at the Dem convention in I think '88, but his speaking ability was later praised.

I suspect that after last night, Jindal will begin working on that aspect.

I think that we have little hope of beating Obama in the next election. He'll either beat himself, or he'll win. We're not going to out-charisma him. If the economy tanks even worse, or doesn't recover, we have a shot. If the economy comes back, we're toast, regardless of who we run.

Of course, that doesn't take into consideration the unknowns, like another terrorist attack or a major scandal.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm counting on the major scandal. Fingers toes hairs eyes balls everything I can cross is getting crossed! LOL

At this point I don't believe a damn thing ANY of these politicians say. You show me ONE, just ONE that has ALWAYS kept their promise and at least tried HARD to do what they promise and I will vote for that guy/gal. I've yet to see one, and yet to see one that I could actually vote for. I had high hopes for Bayh but not that high. He considered running with Hillary and PEWWWWW out the window with him....

None of them are worth a damn that have a shot. Show me one and why.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    dross, id have to agree with you on the election points, but the GOP shouldn't just fold at this point. they need to work on grooming a new party face that can challenge the Left. They need to be ready to fight when the opportunity presents itself. I read up on Jindal before his speech last night, and had high hopes for him. Poor delivery doesnt take away from his accomplishments and abilities, but it surely was a bad first impression. lets see if he can make a come back like Clinton did.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Everyone keeps forgetting or not even thinking of Mike Pence. He's a low key guy that is really doing a lot of moving in the House right now. His name has been mentioned on a lot of national radio shows, he is just not a publicity hound. If you want a Constitionalist (sp?) Mikes the guy.....

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    I'm counting on the major scandal. Fingers toes hairs eyes balls everything I can cross is getting crossed! LOL

At this point I don't believe a damn thing ANY of these politicians say. You show me ONE, just ONE that has ALWAYS kept their promise and at least tried HARD to do what they promise and I will vote for that guy/gal. I've yet to see one, and yet to see one that I could actually vote for. I had high hopes for Bayh but not that high. He considered running with Hillary and PEWWWWW out the window with him....

None of them are worth a damn that have a shot. Show me one and why.
    There will never be a politician or any leader that is not a hypocrite. You stick with leaders that are true to their fundamental beliefs, but compromises and flexibility is what makes a great leader. There are some good leaders in this country, but they shouldnt be expected to be perfect or near perfect, as that is not human nature, and I cant put expectations on people that I cant keep myself. While Lugar doesnt vote 100% on the issues I want, I find him to be a great leader from the state of IN and this comes from personal experiences with him and his staff.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There will never be a politician or any leader that is not a hypocrite. You stick with leaders that are true to their fundamental beliefs, but compromises and flexibility is what makes a great leader. There are some good leaders in this country, but they shouldnt be expected to be perfect or near perfect, as that is not human nature, and I cant put expectations on people that I cant keep myself. While Lugar doesnt vote 100% on the issues I want, I find him to be a great leader from the state of IN and this comes from personal experiences with him and his staff.

I don't expect anyone to be near perfect. I expect them to listen to the people they represent. Their views, their beliefs don't make a damn bit of difference. Only the People's. Lugar is just as big an idiot as the rest. I don't care if he is a nice guy. He doesn't listen to his people anymore than Bayh does. When 78%+ of the people you represent say NO and you say YES at vote time you have failed the People and you have failed your Oath of Office. I don't care if you're voting on spending $1trillion or making a law about terrorism. If the People say No, you better vote No. It's that simple.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I hate to say this but the french actually built the first automobile. Sorry people.The earliest known steam-powered car was finished as early as 1769 by French inventor Nicolas Cugnot. But when it comes to vehicles powered by the internal combustion engine, then Karl Benz is given credit for actually building one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I hate to say this but the french actually built the first automobile. Sorry people.The earliest known steam-powered car was finished as early as 1769 by French inventor Nicolas Cugnot. But when it comes to vehicles powered by the internal combustion engine, then Karl Benz is given credit for actually building one.

coorect, but I was refering to the combustion motor car. And it was Leonardo Da Vinci that was credited with the whole idea of the self propelled vehicle. And helicopter... and many other things... :p

Good ol Henry Ford was who obamatard was refering too, but obviously he doesn't know CRAP about history.

Welcome to the American Dream people... :patriot:

(Not mine, but someones...)

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    I don't expect anyone to be near perfect. I expect them to listen to the people they represent. Their views, their beliefs don't make a damn bit of difference. Only the People's. Lugar is just as big an idiot as the rest. I don't care if he is a nice guy. He doesn't listen to his people anymore than Bayh does. When 78%+ of the people you represent say NO and you say YES at vote time you have failed the People and you have failed your Oath of Office. I don't care if you're voting on spending $1trillion or making a law about terrorism. If the People say No, you better vote No. It's that simple.
    I understand where you are coming from, but a senator is not a congressman. Your congressman is more of a direct representation of their contituents back home, while Senators have a similar charge, they represent our State's best interest in national and foreign matters...our best leaders dont always do exactly what popular opinion dictates.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    SO you supported the Bailouts?
    Im not going to act like im qualified to fully understand the dynamics of what this country is going through right now and how to fix it. There are many parts of the bailout that I dont agree with, or personally enjoy, because I pay plenty of taxes already and would rather not see them dished out in the form of housing, automotive and bank bailouts. But I can agree that something has to be done, and whatever that something is, its going to cost a lot of $ to do it. Doing nothing is gauranteed failure on so many fronts here in IN to the World level, and I dont want to see us go down that path either. I presume that is the same perspective our Senators took in voting Yes for the bailouts, as did many traditionally strong Rep Senators. None of these issues are black and white and Im not quite ready to give up on our future just yet.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    And that we CAN NOT WAIT to fix healthcare. It must be done, and it must be done NOW!!!!

:bs:

? What ever happened to States rights? Our State already has a health care program called HIP.... Furthermore, why should our State pay Federal Taxes? Instead pay that money back to Indiana to provide more funding for HIP as well as unemployment etc.

Agentl074 for State Legislature J/K LOL :laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    **** agent, if you'll listen to the PEOPLE and vote the way of the people, I'll vote for you!

But if you turn on us, we'll drag you out by your shirt collar.... :thumbsup:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    But I can agree that something has to be done, and whatever that something is, its going to cost a lot of $ to do it. Doing nothing is gauranteed failure on so many fronts here in IN to the World level, and I dont want to see us go down that path either.

I guess I have a little more faith in Capitalism and free markets. This was just a bubble like the many before it. If you look back in history the only time bubbles became more of a problem has been when the Government got involved. Housing was a problem but was in the midst of correcting itself. I work for the Auto industry and I think bankruptcy would have been a better option than having government dictate to the Big 3 how they will run their companies. The Banks should have been allowed to fail. There are good banks out there now that won't be able to compete with the government subsidized ones and will need help. Doing NOTHING was exactly what we needed and it would have been less expensive.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I understand where you are coming from, but a senator is not a congressman. Your congressman is more of a direct representation of their contituents back home, while Senators have a similar charge, they represent our State's best interest in national and foreign matters...our best leaders dont always do exactly what popular opinion dictates.

Yup, its the chain of command:

State:

State Representative
    State Senate
    Governor

Union:

U.S. Congress - Representatives
    U.S. Senate

Checks and balances....

Top Bottom