• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    The round balls are much Easier to cast. I have Andes 10lb Lee pot that I keep full of pure lead and recently wired around the thermostat on it so it’s full heat as soon as it’s plugged in. I’ve found that you have to have pure lead pretty hot to get lube grooves and minor skirts to fill out well.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The round balls are much Easier to cast. I have Andes 10lb Lee pot that I keep full of pure lead and recently wired around the thermostat on it so it’s full heat as soon as it’s plugged in. I’ve found that you have to have pure lead pretty hot to get lube grooves and minor skirts to fill out well.
    If you add just a bit of tin it will cure your fill out problems.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    A bit of tin does wonders for mold fill out but with the little you need to add, minimal hardness.
    Hes locked into his Para-dime, its most likely a waste of time to try to explain it to him. I hesitated with him saying he bypassed the lead pots thermostat.

His chart is wrong wrong wrong.

Right from, the Cast Bullet Association.
    Tin will also increase the BHN of lead as for every additional 1% of Tin the BHN increases 0.3.

Slow Hand

Master
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Hes locked into his Para-dime, its most likely a waste of time to try to explain it to him. I hesitated with him saying he bypassed the lead pots thermostat.

His chart is wrong wrong wrong.

Right from, the Cast Bullet Association.
    Tin will also increase the BHN of lead as for every additional 1% of Tin the BHN increases 0.3.
    Sorry you wasted your precious time with me.

I may not know everything, but I know who is worth listening to and I know how to recognize a pompous ass that isn't with my time! I’ll let you figure what category you fit into.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Sorry you wasted your precious time with me.

I may not know everything, but I know who is worth listening to and I know how to recognize a pompous ass that isn't with my time! I’ll let you figure what category you fit into.
    It matters not what you think son, I'm well versed in casting layer free, void free and frost free bullets.
    You were a waste of time. Good luck and Good day.

Top Bottom