Did Rifle-Toting Obama Protester Help or Hurt Gun Rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh and i never said the magazines can't be loaded. They just cant have a round in the chamber. I don't think that's asking a whole lot.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    You write that garbage and act insulted? This ain't the playground, you're digging a hole here, I'm trying to show you that. Admit you cannot control every piece of this, take a deep breath, and move on. It's OK.

If you have a better idea, lets hear it.
    Quit acting like a Keystone Kop, manage what you can, drop the rest. Setting the tone of Vlad the internet inforcer is working against you with this group.

I OC, all the time. Loaded. I'll be carrying at a wedding when you're at the circle. Good luck. Quit pushing.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Oh and i never said the magazines can't be loaded. They just cant have a round in the chamber. I don't think that's asking a whole lot.

I think the point is this: the authority to make these rules for a public event isn't yours. If you approach me and ask me to lower my rights and I don't comply then I am guilty of nothing more than excercising my right.

Bottom line is you have no authority to dictate anyone carrying of firearms In Indiana.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    And I think it's great that your taking this on and trying to keep it as well percieved as possible. I don't want you to think I'm attacking you personally, SE. It's the logic, not you at All. If it seems insulting I apologize.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If any one is worried about the "rules" then its probably in thier best interest just sit on the bench for this one. If your an adult you will know how to act, if not then it's on you. I do not think we have to "discuss" the "rules". If there is a specific request from the authorities then that should to be considered another rule to add to all ready existing "rules".:twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm sorry for sidetracking this thread. Really I am. It was a good article to read although I didn't expect much more from ABC.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Perhaps the term "suggested guidelines" would be more palatable.;)

Always the peacemaker...

haight-hippie.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :)

We now return you from the :hijack:portion of this program.

In actuality, the spread of laws that allow permit-holders to carry their weapons openly throughout much of the central, Southwestern, and Southern United States has gradually made the sight of people carrying guns less jarring, says Dave Kopel...

The effect sounds about right.:yesway:

However, I don't like the idea that laws had to be introduced to "allow" permit-holders to carry openly. Why not just repeal the law which had made it illegal to do so?

Last edited:

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Safety rules where? You mean in public? I don't see how it is possible for you, a normal guy, to establish rules that the police will follow and arrest/detain people for. Also, I cannot seem to find the statutory code defining "disturbing the peace", nor can I fathom how what you're describing constitutes it in any form.

ETA: I find it dangerous for you carry a handgun in any circumstance, can I call the police and have you removed so my feelings aren't hurt? Yeah...good luck with that.

Are you going to be at the walk?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    um. just HOW can someone go about putting these restraints on people? wouldn't you telling someone this be the same as some Joe off the street telling YOU the same if you open carry?

i'm not picking a fight, but i don't understand the logic. whats good for the goose, and all.............

(and no i don't think anyone needs to be carrying a condition one long arm at a rally.)

Are you going to be at the walk?

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    It really is not... we had to carry our M4's like that in the AF. The main reason for this was due to the free floating firing pin in the AR-15 class rifles. It did not take a lot of effort to chamber the rifle and fire—as we trained this way.

Top Bottom