• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    whats law, is it good, and if it is then why do bad things happen to people way to often? oh wait is it like rules in school where if you do something bad you see the principal and get a petty punishment and they send you back to class. laws haha silly government only restricting the good people making them more helpless and better victims

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Gunlawyer, so you would advise leaving the Children's Museum if you see a busload of kids come in on a fieldtrip?

ihunt

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne area
    Touchy situation. I would say yes if you were out of the vehicle. Behind the wheel or sitting in the vehicle is operating it and would be fine. I would not take the chance by getting out, would have stored until drop was made.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    IC 35-47-9-2
    Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property;
    (2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony.

How about (2)? Say your at a park a bus load of school kids arrive for a school field trip. Would this now be considered "property that is being used by a school for a school function"?

So define "possession". If you leave a gun in a locked car. Are you still in possession of said gun?

:nuts:

I saw a report just a week ago for a kid that got suspended for "possession" of an unloaded shotgun in his truck. He was hunting before school and parked OFF SCHOOL property in a lot near to the school. The school said it was within their right to search his truck and suspend him because it was a well know student parking area. :bs:

Top Bottom