• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Went to Dicks Sporting Goods today intending on meandering around and killing some time. Well I walked out with a GSG-5 .22 rifle. The price was 350 after tax brand new which is cheaper than I have found it most places. The salesman named Jerry was very friendly and seemed to really enjoy talking about what he was selling. He got the paperwork done and due to Dicks policy carried it out to the truck for me. We then started talking about store policy and what he agreed and did not agree with and the laws in the state. All in all, a good trip, a fun new toy, and a potential new gun shop.

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Here's a question about their carry policy (not trying to hijack the thread :):) I know what Gander and guns shops have in place, but I've CC'd in there without issue, but have wondered about this. BTW, congratulations on your new purchase!

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    good deal on the GSG.

As for carry, I have OC'd at both the 86th street and the one in Fort wayne more than once and had sales people talk to me while in the store. No one has ever said a thing to me about OC.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Ive had a good and bad experience at dicks. I bought my .22 at dicks on the east side without a hitch, the guy behind the counter made it a pleasurable experience. That was back in 07.

Fast forward to 2010 and I had another pleasurable experience the salesman was nice and had picked out a gun that I was ready to purchase filled out all the paperwork he called it in got the ok and then called the store manager to double check everything (company policy i assume) well come to find out that my drivers license was missing one letter in the address, which i'd had that license for over a year and a half and never noticed nor did the gun shop i bought my 1911 from a week earlier, but she caught it and denied me the sale because of it. was a real bummer especially after being all excited about a new gun. license was fixed shortly there after but i havent bought from dicks again. Im not opposed to it, but last time i was in there i couldnt get anybody to help me, so i just support my lgs instead.

Ive also cc'd in there without any problems, one of the many perks about cc is they dont know its there ;)

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    That is what the boy has along with a P22

Good gun to date, see what happens in 10yrs or so ?

Tons of fun for the $ of ammo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ive had a good and bad experience at dicks. I bought my .22 at dicks on the east side without a hitch, the guy behind the counter made it a pleasurable experience. That was back in 07.

Fast forward to 2010 and I had another pleasurable experience the salesman was nice and had picked out a gun that I was ready to purchase filled out all the paperwork he called it in got the ok and then called the store manager to double check everything (company policy i assume) well come to find out that my drivers license was missing one letter in the address, which i'd had that license for over a year and a half and never noticed nor did the gun shop i bought my 1911 from a week earlier, but she caught it and denied me the sale because of it. was a real bummer especially after being all excited about a new gun. license was fixed shortly there after but i havent bought from dicks again. Im not opposed to it, but last time i was in there i couldnt get anybody to help me, so i just support my lgs instead.

Ive also cc'd in there without any problems, one of the many perks about cc is they dont know its there ;)

The thing with the driver's license is probably just a case of CYA for Dick's. It would be a bummer for sure, but I can kind of understand it from their point of view. The only Dick's I've been to (Greenwood) just seems to treat their gun department as an afterthought.

INcountryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Connersville
    I have CC'd in a few different Dick's Sporting Goods and never had a problem. I also like the gun sales they have every now and again. I bought a Remington 11-87 on Black Friday last year for what I consider a steal. Also, I was allowed to walk out of the store with the gun myself (granted it was from the checkouts by the door). I have always liked Dick's Sporting Goods selection and prices. +1 for them.

On a side note, how is the GSG-5 .22? I've looked at them before and I'm kind of interested in getting one.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I saw the title of this thread and thought it was going to be about Bam-Bam, Eric Holder, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reed.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm with those guys. After I read the title I thought wtf, then I realized you meant DSG. Then I saw Printcraft's post and rethought it.

Anyway, I've open carried into the one directly beside Greenwood Park Mall numerous times. I've actually had less hassle there than at Gander Mountain.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    The thing with the driver's license is probably just a case of CYA for Dick's. It would be a bummer for sure, but I can kind of understand it from their point of view. The only Dick's I've been to (Greenwood) just seems to treat their gun department as an afterthought.

I wasnt upset about it, i was just bummed. finally found the rifle i wanted and they had a good deal on it then got denied. Like i said im not opposed to buying from there but as of late ive been pretty faithful to my lgs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom