• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I picked up the only Stoeger Uplander Supreme side by side 12 gauge they had in Mishawaka. The kid in front of me had the leaked black Friday ad on his phone that had them at 349. The manager gave them to us for that even though their website ad said 379. I don't hate Black Friday anymore.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    Out of nowhere my pops decided to call the Dicks in Bloomington today. They still had the Rem. 700 ADL in .308. After the $100 mail in rebate he should have a great shooter for under $400!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I'm guessing both Dick's and Troy turned a profit on the sales and I'm not sure how adding another link in the chain could turn anyone into a bozo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Out of nowhere my pops decided to call the Dicks in Bloomington today. They still had the Rem. 700 ADL in .308. After the $100 mail in rebate he should have a great shooter for under $400!
    The $100 rebate only applied if you bought it between midnight and 2pm
    friday the 23rd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I bought one of the dicks ADL varmints in 22/250 and installed the cheepo 4x12 scope on it,took it to the range and shot a 1.2 in group with it at 100 out of the box with off the shelf ammo.
    By the time I do a little trigger work,put a better scope on it and start handloading for it I have hopes of at least 3/4 in.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm guessing both Dick's and Troy turned a profit on the sales and I'm not sure how adding another link in the chain could turn anyone into a bozo.

I has nothing to do with Dick's or Troy, it has to to with the customers. All of us that ordered one have to wait longer for the guy that ordered 5 so he can sell them on Armslist and try to make a couple hundred bucks.

People who do this ruin deals for everyone else because of their own greed.

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I has nothing to do with Dick's or Troy, it has to to with the customers. All of us that ordered one have to wait longer for the guy that ordered 5 so he can sell them on Armslist and try to make a couple hundred bucks.

People who do this ruin deals for everyone else because of their own greed.

How does this ruin the deal? You're still getting yours for the same price if you order directly from them. You may have to wait a little extra if they ordered before you or maybe not depending on stock at the mfg.

It's called commerce. If you order a scope or something directly from a mfg, do you get upset that your local gun store ordered 10 of them to resell?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    How does this ruin the deal? You're still getting yours for the same price if you order directly from them. You may have to wait a little extra if they ordered before you or maybe not depending on stock at the mfg.

It's called commerce. If you order a scope or something directly from a mfg, do you get upset that your local gun store ordered 10 of them to resell?

I think you're missing the point... It did not ruin the deal for me, but it did for the people who did not get one because of Dicks having to close the sale early due to the number of orders. Not saying anything illegal was done, just saying it's annoying. A private person is not a gun shop. Thanks for the lesson on commerce I feel very educated now.

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I think you're missing the point... It did not ruin the deal for me, but it did for the people who did not get one because of Dicks having to close the sale early due to the number of orders. Not saying anything illegal was done, just saying it's annoying. A private person is not a gun shop. Thanks for the lesson on commerce I feel very educated now.

As far as I see it a lot of people got in on a deal where the ad listed while supplies last. Dicks went above by allowing people to do orders. So I look at it more as a lot of extra people got a good deal considering my store only had 5 in stock. As for the reference to the gun shop I don't think it matters, the point was your behind someone looking to make a buck no matter who it is. The average Joe should have that opportunity just as well as a business.

BTW, I wasn't trying to "educate" you, just trying to make my point. :cheers:

Top Bottom