• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I haven't been back to Dick's since they asked for ID for an ammo purchase.
    Same here years ago and when the idiot at checkout asked me if I was a citizen of the USA I told him I was a foreign dissident and left the ammo and walked away!

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My last trip to DICK's, I found a good buy on 250 rounds of .45 ACP.

The guy behind the counter had to carry it to the check out. ( I was OCing with two spare mags in the open also .45ACP)

He did not check me out, but gave it to the check out girl and walked away. I thought they would check me out, but no they directed me to wait in a long line. As I walked out I told the checker they could keep it.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    If this continues I wonder if Galyan's could make a return into the local market. Then again could they compete with e-commerce now? We all know not enough people would shop there in order to support a local business/company.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I suspect it is all business for them. They factor in the loss they might take from a lawsuit when making the decision whether to perform or breach a contract. When the election in 2016 did not go how they expected, it was cheaper for them, in the long run, to refuse delivery of the more expensive, less well-known house brand ammo. I'm sure their anti-firearms stance is also calculated; they probably have market data saying the guns issue will not affect their soccer mom and golfer buyers of their other product lines. Hiring the anti-2a lobby firm is an indirect way to limit competition once they fully exit the firearms business, If their lobbying is successful, then increased firearms regulation reduces the effectiveness of their competitors who continue to sell guns.

In school, they called such a decision not to follow through on a contract an "efficient breach." Sometimes it is cheaper to not perform on a contract and take the hit.

Regardless of their motivation, I still have no use for Dick's, their expensive clothes, or their limited product lines.

Top Bottom