Diamondback handguns good to go or do they suck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bet your life on a diamondback 9mm???

• Total voters

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't know anything about them other then they are very tiny. I'd be thinking more along the 9mm line and just thought I'd ask. The first two choices are serious, but it's been a while since I poked a little politcal fun around here and the last two options are just in good fun.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I own both! The DB9 and DB380 and love them! They being the small pocket guns don't like hollow points that are sharp at the tip! But if you use a rounded nose personal defense round "like Remington Golden saber's" and don't sissy fist them! they shoot well and are very reliable! :thumbsup: :D

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    My dad bought a db9 other day. We ran couple mags thru it and wow it kicked and was louder then his xds. Smaller then my kel tec p11 and def not a gun you want to shoot all day cause the trigger is tight in there and kicks so hard. He paid 360 and it seems like a nice little backup you could trust your life to or a cc you could use and wouldn't mind it getting beat up.....

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I've shot my brothers DB380. But while shooting FMJ's I couldn't feed an entire mag through without it jamming. I ended up getting mad and giving it back to him. For my $0.02 I wouldn't feel safe carrying one...

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I had some money burning a whole in my pocket last year, and ran across a db9 at my LGS. I could not resist its size. I had to give it a whirl. I personally am very content with the gun. Though not as physically appealing as most of my other guns, nor as fun to shoot, it has proven to be reliable for me. I have fired Federal FMJ, Federal Hydroshocks, PMC Hollow points, and Remington Hollowpoints through it without fail. Maybe 300 rounds total. My observations:

1.) Decent quality gun. ( not high, but decent)
    2.) Kicks fairly hard given its low mass.
    3.) Seems reliable as long as you get a grip on it! Do not limp wrist!
    4.) Does not appear overly finicky about ammo.
    5.) Accuracy for me was not good. ( but honestly, what would you expect)

I don't carry it for defense, as I have not put enough rounds down range to feel 100% about it yet. However it has given me no indication that I should not carry it. I like mine. Will keep it. After a few more rounds, may start carrying it.
    It is TINY! And it is LIGHT! I like that.

Last edited:

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Furthermore, after I bought the gun I did a **** ton of online research. Ass backwards I know. Anyway, the reliability of the gun seems directly related to the shooters ability to get ahold of it. Many threads where one shooter cannot get through a magazine without any issue of some sort, hands the gun to a friend who then puts 50 rounds through without any issue. Original shooter tries again and guess what? Jam, Jam.
    I think ALOT depends on the shooter holding firmly. Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom