Diamondback Arms....Single Stack Pocket Glock .380?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    They didn't say anything about the dryfire, maybe because I was in uniform? :dunno:

The size part came in just for the aspect of trigger reach...some newer shooters or folks thinking of a mousegun my not be aware of the difference...

Ah, I bet it was your uniform. Yeah, I've never dry fired one of their guns but I've been in there before when someone did and got yelled at pretty bad.

Okay I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah the trigger reach is very short as most of the small 380s are. My Bersa Thunder 380 is set up correctly for me, but it's in a different size category than the DB380, P3AT, etc...

Overall I was still impressed with the way the DB380 felt. Feels like "higher quality" than the Kel-tec, but for the most part Kel-tecs feel pretty darn cheap (not that they aren't quality).

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My Bersa Thunder 380 is set up correctly for me, but it's in a different size category than the DB380, P3AT, etc...

Overall I was still impressed with the way the DB380 felt. Feels like "higher quality" than the Kel-tec, but for the most part Kel-tecs feel pretty darn cheap (not that they aren't quality).

I'm on the boat with that, Bronsonbull. I've thought about the Bersa for a while, but I might have to consider this one. I was left with the same feeling about the "feel" of quality, especially in regards to KT fit and finish. One is kinda left with the "cheap" feeling, even though they work well. I'm debating on all the BUG/ankle/pocket pistol choices....

Maverick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Central Indiana
    There were several of these at the 1500. Seemed very nice. Better quality than the kel -tec. Trigger was much better . I almost bit, but wanted some feedback before I bought one. Anxiously awaiting some range reports.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Yeah I saw them at the 1500 as well. They look good and feel better than the other pocket pistols (except for the Sig P238s).

However, there are a lot of negative range reports on these things. I'm going to hold off for a while as they seem to have some initial bugs to work out.

Milsurp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Indy
    Handled one at Pops a while back. I was impressed, I really like the sights better than the ones on my keltec.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I own one of these and a LCP. The DB380 while I had trouble with it at first is a very good shooter and fit and finish is much better. Customer service is very good to deal with. Mine is one of the first production runs and I expected to have some problems but the factory is very quick to try and rectify any problems. I anticipate this gun to do very well in the market and from what I've heard they are working on a compact 9mm version. The trigger is much better than the LCP which makes it more accurate for me even with a CT laser on my LCP.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was playing with one down at Bradis today and was impressed. I've been looking for something a little smaller than my Bersa 380CC and have been thinking LCP. But, this may change that a bit. I'll hold off though until I see some feedback on it.

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Range Report

:yesway::yesway: I just got back from the range with my new Diamond Back 380. I really like it, the recoil is nothing compared to the P3AT. It did shoot alittle low and left, I was able to adjust the rear sight to take care of the shooting left. It shoot nice groups and wasn't hard to double tap. My only issue was that out of 12 mags through it #10 and #12 mags I had trouble chambering the first round. I figured it was from getting dirty, so when I got home I cleaned it (very easy to strip) to see if that helped, it didn't. I am going to put a call into DB and see if they have any suggestions. I was shooting 90gr PMC FMJ and 90gr Gold Dot JHP. No other issues at all so far, very pleased with the gun. :yesway::yesway:

I will let everyone know how the next range session goes after I talk to DB.

(I just posted this in another thread)

GlockMan40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    :yesway::yesway: I just got back from the range with my new Diamond Back 380. I really like it, the recoil is nothing compared to the P3AT. It did shoot alittle low and left, I was able to adjust the rear sight to take care of the shooting left. It shoot nice groups and wasn't hard to double tap. My only issue was that out of 12 mags through it #10 and #12 mags I had trouble chambering the first round. I figured it was from getting dirty, so when I got home I cleaned it (very easy to strip) to see if that helped, it didn't. I am going to put a call into DB and see if they have any suggestions. I was shooting 90gr PMC FMJ and 90gr Gold Dot JHP. No other issues at all so far, very pleased with the gun. :yesway::yesway:

I will let everyone know how the next range session goes after I talk to DB.

(I just posted this in another thread)
    All i know is that you guys or gals better do your research or wait a little before you get a DiamondBack DB380. I have been reading post all over the internet and there are all kinds of issues with it. And not to mention it's a brand new company and its there first gun. Stick with a proven company for now. I would wait on the DB380 to see if they can fix the issues they are having. And if you have one do extensive shooting with it before you rely on it with your life. At least it's a nice looking gun. To bad it dosen't work like a Glock.

Top Bottom