DHS to "expand" role in federal gun control efforts; now will operate in schools

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would call it a congressionally mandated "administrative" search that was reviewed by the Supreme Court.

I'm not saying I like it...I don't. But in today's world, it is a necessary evil or every whack job or religious zealot will try to make their statement at 36,000 ft.

The supreme court got it wrong. Look at the fourth amendment and tell me where the government has the right to stop and search me without probable cause. They're doing it probably cause.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I would call it a congressionally mandated "administrative" search that was reviewed by the Supreme Court.

That's your standard of acceptability? Congress passes a law and SCOTUS signs off on it?

The existence of a law is not sufficient justification for it.

I'm not saying I like it...I don't. But in today's world, it is a necessary evil or every whack job or religious zealot will try to make their statement at 36,000 ft.

Necessary for what? The total abolition of violence by criminals and evil men? You think feeling up breast cancer survivors and little boys in wheel chairs is going to stop that?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Ya know this is all I needed to hear. Im a father of a 13 year old daughter and 12 year old son and I am totally for security measures in schools to protect them. Metal detectors armed security guards, teachers, principals and the lot, even veterans volunteering to stand watch, as long they all are trained and pass background checks and mental evaluations. Lately my wife and I have been discussing the possibilities of home schooling them. If this happens and the DHS takes roots in schools it definately will happen.
    Just like Rambone said " If "agents" do what they do to people in airports without due cause I can just imagine what would be going on in schools with teenage girls. :twocents:

Soon the federal .gov will grant primus noctis to the TSA.

I know you guys love to stir the pot...

If you really believe DHS hires perverts to rub down little kids, while parents sit idle, you have a very different perception of reality.
    Than do you? Yes, that would be safe to say...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

By that logic, we ought to do away with the whole "check the occasional toddler and wheelchair-bound grandma" system and just strip search everybody. I mean, that's kinda invasive but at least while I'm getting a free prostate exam I'm safe from the terrorists who certainly won't just detonate their bomb at the security station and wipe out the huge line of people. Or drive a truck full of explosives into a school, or a Wal-Mart, or a theatre.

Safety by way of pre-applied force is an illusion. Better to be able to deal with threats as they arise, with lethal force if necessary, than to be disarmed and forced to behave like livestock being shuttled off on a boxcar.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am not for one moment advocating that DHS get involved with security in our schools. I believe we should have security in the schools but this along with many other overreaches is not the place of the federal government.

That being said, there are many departments within DHS and even within TSA. The TSA screeners we are used to seeing at the airport are a bunch of untrained, uneducated, unskilled low-wage workers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know you guys love to stir the pot...

If you really believe DHS hires perverts to rub down little kids, while parents sit idle, you have a very different perception of reality.

Israel's commercial flight industry seems to operate without much trouble, surrounded by nations who want to exterminate them, yet without the need to molest people. Why can't we?

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Israel's commercial flight industry seems to operate without much trouble, surrounded by nations who want to exterminate them, yet without the need to molest people. Why can't we?

Because the Israelis take their issues seriously and implement procedures that will actually help solve the problem (like *gasp* profiling). Our government just jerks their knee and implements feel good policies that are ineffective to give the perception of security.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I cringed at first when LaPierre suggested armed guards in schools, not because I think having armed private contractors is a horrible idea, but the implementation of that suggestion by THIS administration would naturally be DHS, or worse, arming child protective services agents to do it.

Yup. That's why I keep rejecting the idea that we need extra-trained armed personnel. Let it be properly permitted private individuals or no one at all.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I stated this the day of the SH shooting. My biggest concern was not a gun ban but rather a TSA style approach to the public school system. It fits the communist model of indoctrinating the young. Let them get used to being under constant surveillance and harassment so as adults it will seem normal.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I knew I should have bought stock in DHS when it first came out. I missed Apple on the ground level too. Pretty soon these guys will be everywhere. I could have made a fortune :n00b:

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Yup. That's why I keep rejecting the idea that we need extra-trained armed personnel. Let it be properly permitted private individuals or no one at all.

The TSA, Homeland Security and all other quasi military police forces operating in America should be disbanded as they are an infringemnt on our Constitutional rights.

The organizations are not here to protect you.

They are here to control you!

What is going to be shoved down your throats is a massive chipping program starting with your children.

Don't Let Schools Chip Your Kids >>>> Don't Let Schools Chip Your Kids

Chipped like sheep!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The TSA, Homeland Security and all other quasi military police forces operating in America should be disbanded as they are an infringemnt on our Constitutional rights.

The organizations are not here to protect you.

They are here to control you!

What is going to be shoved down your throats is a massive chipping program starting with your children.

Don't Let Schools Chip Your Kids >>>> Don't Let Schools Chip Your Kids

Chipped like sheep!
    Indiana doesn't even know I have school-age children. :D. We're good here.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Indiana doesn't even know I have school-age children. :D. We're good here.
    For that to be possible they must not have birth cirtificates, social security cards, or ever have been to a hospital or doctor's office. Is the basement they are kept hidden in well lit? :): Trust me, the state knows a plenty about everyone. Some of the new EOs passed set the ground for all of that information to be bundled into the databases for background checking.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some teachers have a difficult time grasping reality with adults. I'd approve armed police in schools, that creates jobs anyway.

Has anyone considered the logistics of training the thousands of teachers, who will pay for it, and securing their weapons?

How about some heavy doors and door locks? You can't get to the kids in a locked classroom, you can't make them a victim.

Project972

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    don't forget to rally at capital, 19 jan 13 for gun rally, noon, bring signs. 47 states working this one. news by wind today. texas outdid ny on outing guns, no spot onthe map that does'nt have a orange dot.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I knew I should have bought stock in DHS when it first came out. I missed Apple on the ground level too. Pretty soon these guys will be everywhere. I could have made a fortune :n00b:

Radiant RFID will provide the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (OHSP) with an RFID-based managed evacuation solution that tracks evacuees, pets, emergency transport vehicles and commodities deployed at state shelters in preparation for and in the event of a hurricane, natural disaster or other incident to assist in reunification of families.

Read more: State of New Jersey Awards Radiant RFID 5-Year Emergency Management Solution Contract - SFGate

The federal government plans on using disasters and crises to slowly begin chipping Americans. In crisis times Americans will go along with the chipping in order to eat and drink water....... Storm Sandy caused unprepared people to be corraled into fema camps where the conditions were deplorable and inhumane. The media was shut out of documenting the fema camps. As far as I know some of those people are still there, I can't find the resolution on the internet.

A major intrusion on our privacy and Constitutional rights.

Unfortunately well connected companies like Radiant RFID will get rich off your tax dollars. We pay for the intrusions..... Genius! :patriot:

http://youtu.be/EQi2OapaUQ4

We need to get the Federal Government off the backs of Americans. Our states and communities are capable enough to handle just about any crises!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Lawrence
    I am not surprised by DHS wanting to get a foot in the door before this whole thing falls in on itself. I am all for schools being safe, but at what cost are we willing/going to pay? I believe Utah is looking at arming teachers after a bit of training. I think this is a good starting point.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    For that to be possible they must not have birth cirtificates, social security cards, or ever have been to a hospital or doctor's office. Is the basement they are kept hidden in well lit? :): Trust me, the state knows a plenty about everyone. Some of the new EOs passed set the ground for all of that information to be bundled into the databases for background checking.

Why should I trust you?

Top Bottom