Detonics Combat Master HT, what's your take/experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I'm looking for a new carry gun, I was thinking Kahr MK9 Elite, or a Desert Eagle 1911c. Im torn so bady. I love shooting 45ACP out of 1911's but love the size, weight, and concealability of the Kahr. I went poking about, trying to find a compromise. The new Detonics Combat Master HT looks pretty close to what I would consider a compromise but I can't find any reviews or vendors for this pistolet. So, I reach out to my fellow gun owners hoping that you could perhaps enlighten me.

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    My husband and I both carry Detonics. He knows a lot about them. I just carry one.

Both of ours are older, though. They are reliable, comfortable for me to shoot, and just plain cool.

There's a yahoo group for Detonics fans. My husband has been on it for years.

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    Despite various owners throughout the years, Detonics pistols appear to have always been a labor of love. Mine were purshased in the early eighties as a set of 2 "hideout" guns in a presentation box. Both pistols were dehorned and without sights. When I say without sights I mean no dovetail was ever cut to install sights. They are amongst my most prized pistols. I have carried and continue to carry one of them to this day. They are accurate,
    reliable, beautifully finished and superbly accurate. The downside is all Detonics are synonymous with expensive. Are they worth it, absolutely!
    The Kahr MK9, that you mentioned is an excellant choice for carry. I bought a used one several weeks ago, and am in the process of applying a full mirror finish to it. It also is reliable, well made and astonishingly accurate. You might also consider the Kahr K9. My K9 is fitted with laser grips and is my edc gun in summer. It has a little more to hang on to and a high magazine capacity. Any of the steel framed Kahrs is a good choice, but then again, not an inexpensive purchase. Good luck on your search. Better yet, to do an accurate comparison, just buy them all, you know you want to. Good luck, hope this helps. Let us know what you decide.
    :popcorn::dunno::popcorn:

Last edited:

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @evanrw61
    You cut to the core of me. :D I would love to have them all, and many others at that. Thanks for the mini review of the MK9.

I'm seeing alot of people mentioning the older Detonics CMs. But, what of the new ones?

Top Bottom