• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    then why did you say it got rid of scratches and swirls:dunno: and wax doesn't bond to paint, sealants do. clay bars are for getting tar, brake dust, overspray etc. (contaminants) off your vehicle.

Can you use clay bars to get lane paint off the fender under sides? I used thinner when it first happend but it dried way to fast to get it all. Then I used a power sprayer (craftsman) it was ok.

Its only on my truck so no biggie, but I would like to work it down.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Can you use clay bars to get lane paint off the fender under sides? I used thinner when it first happend but it dried way to fast to get it all. Then I used a power sprayer (craftsman) it was ok.

Its only on my truck so no biggie, but I would like to work it down.

so paint transfer? if so then yes a clay bar should do the trick. the cheapest ones are blue magic at vatozone. they are only $10

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    then why did you say it got rid of scratches and swirls:dunno: and wax doesn't bond to paint, sealants do. clay bars are for getting tar, brake dust, overspray etc. (contaminants) off your vehicle.

Sorry for my miss type oh great one. So wax does not bond to paint? Those darn companies are liers. Obama should shut them down. Also I know the reason for using the clay bar.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Sorry for my miss type oh great one. So wax does not bond to paint? Those darn companies are liers. Obama should shut them down. Also I know the reason for using the clay bar.

:rolleyes:looks like someone has some vag sand. if you know all these things say them in the first place;) and yes wax does not "bond" to paint, sealants do. take meguiars nxt "wax". it is not a wax but a polymer sealant. but is marketed as a wax because not everybody in america knows what sealants are but they do know wax. don't be all pissy at me for casually pointing out your apparent typos. I still do this for a living and have to stay more than relevant with products and procedures. your typos accident or not cause me to work extra because someone saw your post and takes it fact. I'm really not trying to bust your chops, I'm just saving myself a potential headache at work.

Top Bottom