• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Learned this little tidbit from a customer today. This fine gentleman informed me, while looking at a Desert Eagle, that the last time he'd carried one was while a soldier in Iraq. Except, the ones they were issued weren't black, they were brown. The only person he ever knew who could fire one one-handed was his drill sergeant.

How 'bout that? Something I'll bet ya'll didn't know, huh?

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    Unless I am mistaken the calibers that the eagle come in are not allowed in combat by the geneva convention. Same as hollow points soft points dull bayonnets...

I may be mistaken.

That's not to say someone couldn't take their own with them. Or pick up one in cointry as a battlefield trophy.

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    Unless I am mistaken the calibers that the eagle come in are not allowed in combat by the geneva convention. Same as hollow points soft points dull bayonnets...

I may be mistaken.

That's not to say someone couldn't take their own with them. Or pick up one in country as a battlefield trophy.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Learned this little tidbit from a customer today. This fine gentleman informed me, while looking at a Desert Eagle, that the last time he'd carried one was while a soldier in Iraq. Except, the ones they were issued weren't black, they were brown. The only person he ever knew who could fire one one-handed was his drill sergeant.

A guy at the bar yesterday told me that they stopped issuing the desert eagles when they came out with a 50 bmg pistol, better stopping power, recoil just takes a little getting used to. He didn't say if his D.I. could fire it one handed.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is in Call of Duty, right?

moz-screenshot-11.png
    moz-screenshot-12.png

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

His DI followed him to Iraq? Wait a minute, his DI probably LED him to Iraq. I spose anything could happen. Good thing they went to Iraq cause Desert Eagles aren't designed to function in the jungle. Just what I have heard....:dunno::laugh:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It just occurred to him that I should have shared my adventures from the olden days, when I had a revolver issued to me to carry on duty. I still remember that S&W Model 15 in 500 Magnum quite fondly.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Then I'm a wuss :D I am TERRIBLE with akimbo DEagles, but I can (and have on numerous occassions) pick someone off with a single DEagle from about 50 yards away, first round out of the chamber :D:rockwoot:

My party got seperated in search and destroy the other day, I joined their game and just for fun I rushed them with duel DE's. Killed my whole crew and they were pissed.

2.03 KDR:rockwoot:

Top Bottom