• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have one in 44mag. To me it has a lot less kick then a revolver and fun to shoot. The only part is that it gets a lot dirtier than my other semi's. You also have to be sure to not to hold it too loose other wise it will stove pipe easily.

It is a great conversational piece for sure

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have a MK VII in 357 mag. Holds a few more rounds and its ALOT cheaper to shoot. Its absolutely fun to shoot. hardly any recoil, extremely accurate and a lot of noise and flash. People will say there not reliable but I call BS on that. They just like to be held onto very tight. Tighter than most. Is it practical not really maybe if you handgun hunt. Are they carry piece Oh god no. Is it cool awwww yeeaa.

541273_409617569059137_1485539168_n.jpg

522815_409617555725805_10070093_n.jpg

When is your next trip to a local range?

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    If you have strong wrists and hold a weapon securely you will have fun with a desert eagle 50. Yes its expensive to shoot but its suppose to be , its a 50 cal. Why would anyone buy a 50 caliber weapon of any sort and then complain about the price of ammo, that's laughable. I shot a friends 50 and no problem holding it on target. It has a good feel to it. As far a plinking with one goes I wouldn't, but you you can sure hunt some heavy duty game with it.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Years ago, I heard that the origional .357 desert eagles had smaller frames than the .44s and .50s, and they eventually just went with the larger frame size for all calibers.

Anyone know if this is true?

I would love to get one with all the barrels, but I dont want to spend the retirement egg to do it.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Years ago, I heard that the origional .357 desert eagles had smaller frames than the .44s and .50s, and they eventually just went with the larger frame size for all calibers.

I would love to get one with all the barrels, but I dont want to spend the retirement egg to do it.

From what I have read, this is true.

Jakob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I still want one, despite it being a novelty! A friend had the 44 magnum version and it definitely was a blast to shoot! Pun intended.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven

Yes mine looks and feels smaller compared to the massive Mk XIX

Here's my de next to my 500. Best money I ever spent.

IMAG0017.jpg

How do you like the 6.5 inch barrel on that 500

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    ^^

Might have trouble shootin them after that. :)

Disclaimer:

......Just sayin

LOL!!! Yeal it does take some balls to shoot it but after the first trigger pull you will realize that it's is not that bad. I can't figure out how to post pics without making them links. I need to figure that out. And that is one sweet collection! :rockwoot:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Here is a link that has the history of the DE. Frame changes and so forth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Desert_Eagle

Last edited:
    Top Bottom