• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The question being, did DeSantis do that because he believed predominantly in individual freedom to make one's own choice in the matter or because he knew his state's economy would collapse if tourism was not possible
    And why is that The question?
    (I mean other than the obvious reason that it gives an opportunity to throw mud.)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    (I mean other than the obvious reason that it gives an opportunity to throw mud.)
    INGO has taught me to adopt the most unflattering interpretation of a candidate's motives, if it's done by someone who isn't [not]your guy. The goodness of an action alone is never enough and any questionable aspect must be amplified

But beyond that, the first is doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do and the second is claiming a libertarian rationale for something much more pragmatic that you were forced to do anyway

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Yeah, mud. But, it might have to do with the most inconvenient question for the more fiercely loyal Trumpers, why does Trump continue to support the lockdowns and warp speed?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The question being, did DeSantis do that because he believed predominantly in individual freedom to make one's own choice in the matter or because he knew his state's economy would collapse if tourism was not possible
    I think I remember him rationalizing it for both reasons. They go hand-in-hand.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Maybe time to stop making choices like a Democrat (based on who can defeat Trump)?

You can retarget to Ramaswamy, I guess

You could realize Trump is inevitable and try to make the best of the situation by helping however you can

Lolz, THAT's not going to happen, now, is it

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Maybe time to stop making choices like a Democrat (based on who can defeat Trump)?

You could realize Trump is inevitable and try to make the best of the situation by helping however you can

Maybe things are not as dire as that article says. It kind of depends on who wrote the article. That one could have been written by you. Other articles may have a different flavor to them. I, for one, will withhold judgement until more stuff is written.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    See what New Hampshire and Iowa does. Will know more of who is a challenger if any to Trump.

Trumps gaining momentum every time they file a new charge against him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Republicans have told me they fear the DeSantis “plan” is falling apart. They think overconfidence and inexperience led him to overstaff. There are other criticisms of DeSantis: that he’s wasting precious donor money; that he reportedly treats major donors condescendingly; that he doesn’t seem to like retail campaigning and isn’t connecting with voters. In short, some now fear, he has no viable strategy to take on Trump.

Again, the Republicans who tell me this are among those who truly wanted DeSantis to succeed. They did — and do — feel he could have a real chance to win the general election. That said, many are now concluding that he’ll never get that chance because he won’t make it out of the primaries against Trump.
    "Another one bites the dust"

Get me the NEXT 'Trump killer'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See what New Hampshire and Iowa does. Will know more of who is a challenger if any to Trump.

Trumps gaining momentum every time they file a new charge against him.

Trump +22.0 in NH polling average
    NewHamp.png

Trump +33.0 in Iowa polling average
    Iowa.png

Trump +26.3 in South Carolina polling average
    SoCaro.png

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Trump is about the best Trump killer around.
    By that I mean he raises the level of anti-conservativism to truly TDS radical levels. I just don't want to lose anymore elections because of Trump-baggage hyperexciting the opposition.

There is no way he is going to step aside to avoid his effect on America so this is going to be one UGLY, UGLY election.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Florida-Ron isn't translating well to the general American public. I blame his backers. They're the same people who have been shunned in prior elections. If Ron wants to win (I'm not sure....) then he should break free from the tethers and let it fly. If Ron can't fly solo, can he govern solo? He hasn't convinced me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Trump is about the best Trump killer around.
    This is a great line. Trump is Trump's most effective anti-Trump. At least to some.
    I just don't want to lose anymore elections because of Trump-baggage hyperexciting the opposition.
    With regard to the 2020 presidential election, I don't believe he lost. Reasonable people can disagree but the circumstances regarding ballots, votes, vote counting (days later) and the brick wall of "Thou shalt not investigate any aspect of the vote" demonstrates to me that which I'm claiming - the election results were inaccurate. Cheating.
    There is no way he is going to step aside to avoid his effect on America so this is going to be one UGLY, UGLY election.
    This is absolutely true. It will be an UGLY election. Sadly, I fear what happens after the election more than anything, winners and losers aside.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    With regard to the 2020 presidential election, I don't believe he lost. Reasonable people can disagree but the circumstances regarding ballots, votes, vote counting (days later) and the brick wall of "Thou shalt not investigate any aspect of the vote" demonstrates to me that which I'm claiming - the election results were inaccurate. Cheating.
    I agree with you 100% - but that bidiot f***** is still in the White House. Trump excites the left to extreme, desperate measures of cheating, voter fraud and cover ups.

We know this much - They got by with it. - They will be better at it this time. - If Trump is the candidate they will pull out all the stops and cheat like dumocraps.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If the numbers were flipped and it was DeSantis who is inevitable, would you stop supporting Trump? I didn’t think so. Maybe the DeSantis supporters will continue to support him until he drops out.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If the numbers were flipped and it was DeSantis who is inevitable, would you stop supporting Trump? I didn’t think so. Maybe the DeSantis supporters will continue to support him until he drops out.
    People are willing to make decisions that support their guy this early.
    But it is crazy, way-to-early to make decisions that don't support their guy.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    DeSantis definitely stepped on his own **** in this interview. I'm not seeing where he said he would consider appointing RFK, Jr to "head" the FDA/CDC, but he was way too loose in answering the question which was whether he would consider RFK, Jr as a VP running mate... "Nope. Too liberal... you have a any real questions?"

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    DeSantis definitely stepped on his own **** in this interview. I'm not seeing where he said he would consider appointing RFK, Jr to "head" the FDA/CDC, but he was way too loose in answering the question which was whether he would consider RFK, Jr as a VP running mate... "Nope. Too liberal... you have a any real questions?"

That is just another hit piece on DeSantis. Other people could have written that article and it might sound completely different. It is important to shop around and find articles that agree with your own viewpoint completely and then believe the article since it is true.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    That is just another hit piece on DeSantis. Other people could have written that article and it might sound completely different. It is important to shop around and find articles that agree with your own viewpoint completely and then believe the article since it is true.
    Normally, he responds well to "stupid questions"... I think he really flubbed it here... and left the door open for creating a narrative around what he said vs meant, etc. Meandered through to final Nope... way too liberal on way too many issues.

Lose the meandering.

If he had thrown in a couple how he and "Bobby are great friends" and "Florida was perfect..." lines, it would have been a completely "perfect" Trumpian answer. Lol!

Top Bottom