Dermody RINO that has been stopping all the IN state gun bills stepping down.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know I have said it here before. I know I said it on Guy's radio show. However, if we are going to get the needed done (constitutional carry, campus carry, etc.), the 2016 session is the time to do it.

We must strike hard next session. Get signed up. Get paid up. And get your buddies in the fight.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know I have said it here before. I know I said it on Guy's radio show. However, if we are going to get the needed done (constitutional carry, campus carry, etc.), the 2016 session is the time to do it.

We must strike hard next session. Get signed up. Get paid up. And get your buddies in the fight.

^^^THIS^^^

Get involved, make your voice be heard. This is OUR TIME to get this done.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems to me results may be better if there was some sort of harmony among the ranks as to what we'd like to get done this year. Remembering the relative inaction from last session when constitutional carry was on the table, I wonder if it's really something most gun owners are really that hot on. How about trimming of no-go-zones?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seems to me results may be better if there was some sort of harmony among the ranks as to what we'd like to get done this year. Remembering the relative inaction from last session when constitutional carry was on the table, I wonder if it's really something most gun owners are really that hot on. How about trimming of no-go-zones?

This right here.^^^
    Lets get the college campuses first. Then K-12. Then preempt all the Fed gun free zones. Etc, etc, etc...

No one has assured that the others won't dictate Indiana carry laws if constitutional carry is adopted. Our laws are better than most, others might not care for that? Let the majority of the other states adopt first before we jump into what might be a mess.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I may be misreading your post, but it sounds like you're discussing the federal level. Mr. Dermody's actions and inactions (Which I believe were not completely his choice, but the choices of those above him (Bosma?)) affect only Indiana state laws. Had he moved to discuss Constitutional Carry (and had it been allowed to come to a vote of the full House,) this would not in and of itself have changed our carry laws, other than to say that we may choose to, but are not required to have, a LTCH to carry a handgun within Indiana.

Me, I want full firearms freedom. I want the guys who plan to break laws fearful of the laws they plan to break, but I want them more fearful of the people they intend to victimize. I don't want a place to be a free-fire zone for someone intent on doing harm and becoming the next mass-murderer to obtain their 15 minutes of infamy prior to burning out like a match. I don't want some people to have greater freedom to self-defense than the rest of us who are "more equal", while they are "more individual" than we are.

Finally, let's remember that Mr. Dermody:
    1) still chairs the committee that will hear that bill in January
    2) may read here and know what's being said (such as the "RINO" and "good riddance" phrases) and
    3) now has no obligation to do what Bosma or anyone else (including us) wants.

He's free to follow his own conscience without fear of retribution such as taking away his committee or being voted out.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Blessings,
    Bill

This right here.^^^
    Lets get the college campuses first. Then K-12. Then preempt all the Fed gun free zones. Etc, etc, etc...

No one has assured that the others won't dictate Indiana carry laws if constitutional carry is adopted. Our laws are better than most, others might not care for that? Let the majority of the other states adopt first before we jump into what might be a mess.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

No-go zones should definitely be axed first.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I may be misreading your post, but it sounds like you're discussing the federal level. Mr. Dermody's actions and inactions (Which I believe were not completely his choice, but the choices of those above him (Bosma?)) affect only Indiana state laws. Had he moved to discuss Constitutional Carry (and had it been allowed to come to a vote of the full House,) this would not in and of itself have changed our carry laws, other than to say that we may choose to, but are not required to have, a LTCH to carry a handgun within Indiana.

Me, I want full firearms freedom. I want the guys who plan to break laws fearful of the laws they plan to break, but I want them more fearful of the people they intend to victimize. I don't want a place to be a free-fire zone for someone intent on doing harm and becoming the next mass-murderer to obtain their 15 minutes of infamy prior to burning out like a match. I don't want some people to have greater freedom to self-defense than the rest of us who are "more equal", while they are "more individual" than we are.

2) may read here and know what's being said (such as the "RINO" and "good riddance" phrases) and

He's free to follow his own conscience without fear of retribution such as taking away his committee or being voted out.

Blessings,
    Bill

I think overall we could reevaluate our approach to getting Indiana gun laws improved. Our limited success with what should be a favorable legislature speaks to that. IMHO, we bite off too much at a time and try to do it at the last minute. We are also poor at informing gun owners to contact their representatives with specifics that should provided to them to do it.

We shouldn't have the surprises that we do. If Dermody, or anyone else, decides to get in the way of improved gun legislation it shouldn't be the shock that it is. We should know in advance so we can act on him/them and their position rather than wasting time anticipating something that won't even be considered.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Blessings,
    Bill
    i hope he does read it. I won't bow down to any public servant in hopes of wooing him into voting the way of the constitution. He took an oath for that and if he doesn't take that seriously then nothing I say will change that. I'll throw a party the day he's gone.
    i like you BOR but sometimes I think you need to play a little dirtier with these scum bags that call themselves public servants.

Top Bottom