Dept of Agriculture requests SMGs with 30rd mags in 40 S&W...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That's what I was thinking, field agents stumbling upon a meth lab or a weed field when the owners are there

Hell I carry a gun in the woods for meth heads any more

I was afraid to take my daughter back to the river fishing w/o my trusty red ryder carbine....errr...I mean my pistol. Too many tweakers out there. The girl that they killed in Seymour made me realize how bad they can be when on the stuff.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That's what I was thinking, field agents stumbling upon a meth lab or a weed field when the owners are there

Hell I carry a gun in the woods for meth heads any more

QFT. I'm concerned about the continued militarization of the different alphabet agencies, but I can't completely disagree with being armed for personal protection. Somehow I think this is less about protection and more about being able to conduct "operations" independent of local law enforcement agencies.

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    You know, there's an awful lot more knee jerk reactions and tin foil hat wearers here than I thought I'd see. I guess I'll get used to it.

When I was registered as a Customs and Border Clearing Agent through the customs dept. for the military for a mission overseas all that was done under the USDA! The USDA is a pretty big entity. After talking to the officers that I met there, and hearing the stories that I did about the crap they went through, I have absolutely no problem with them carrying SMG's. None whatsoever. Hell, I'd let them carry a lot bigger than a .40 if it were up to me. They end up dealing with a lot of crazy crap. People are unbelievable.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why would the USDA be in a position to stumble onto anything? Where exactly does one draw the line? Do we wait till County Clerks and Property tax assessors are rolling around in MRAPS with Ma Duece on the roof just in case?

QFT. I'm concerned about the continued militarization of the different alphabet agencies, but I can't completely disagree with being armed for personal protection. Somehow I think this is less about protection and more about being able to conduct "operations" independent of local law enforcement agencies.

While there is a lot of conclusion jumping USDA and DEPT of Agriculture is over a lot of agencies (or they fall within the) that do have an enforcement mission. Several Federal LE agencies get their pay routed through DEPT of Agriculture. Several within the DEPT of Justice. Acquisitions are not a whole lot different. Doesn't mean a whole lot unless one is into conspiracy theories. If that applies then by all means keep spreading!!!

You know, there's an awful lot more knee jerk reactions and tin foil hat wearers here than I thought I'd see. I guess I'll get used to it.

When I was registered as a Customs and Border Clearing Agent through the customs dept. for the military for a mission overseas all that was done under the USDA! The USDA is a pretty big entity. After talking to the officers that I met there, and hearing the stories that I did about the crap they went through, I have absolutely no problem with them carrying SMG's. None whatsoever. Hell, I'd let them carry a lot bigger than a .40 if it were up to me. They end up dealing with a lot of crazy crap. People are unbelievable.

^^THIS^^

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why can't they just buy AR-15's that are already purchased by many other departments?

For a variety of reasons but the 2 main ones is ammo compatibility with their handguns (1 caliber for training/duty on 2 different systems) and also while the AR platform gives better performance on certain "obstacles" and longer range there is more risk of over penetration than a with a sub gun. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other.
    For the ones thinking a little too deep and bring it up while BG's with body armor could be a concern any kind of "raid" they will have M4 in some hands especially if it is preplanned and there would be some info not to mention M/'s on the scene hours before calling in info as well.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    PIGS?! Wild pigs have a negative impact on agriculture. .40S&W not a first (or top 5) choice tho? Maybe compatibility with sidearm? Two round burst, heck yea tho. Disposal is a different game than hunting right??!

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    Again, customs and border protection in some weird way fall under the usda. There's no reason for them to not order body armor. That's just a generalization. That's like saying "America is ordering body armor!" Lol

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Maybe the guns they have are old, outdated, or banged all to hell? Increased employment means you have to have more firearms (more agents), excess funds that need spending.......

Call the USDA head quarters and ask.

Top Bottom