• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Even though he was denied locally, he can still send the request to ISP. It really doesn't matter what the local LEO thinks. The ultimate final decision is up to ISP. I can tell you that in the last 10 years the top administrators for SPD have only been to TWO hearings at ISP for permit denials. In at least one of those, the applicant still got the permit.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Even though he was denied locally, he can still send the request to ISP. It really doesn't matter what the local LEO thinks. The ultimate final decision is up to ISP. I can tell you that in the last 10 years the top administrators for SPD have only been to TWO hearings at ISP for permit denials. In at least one of those, the applicant still got the permit.

Why do you assume he was denied locally?

I was deined my ltch because of something when I was 15 how to go about an appeal

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If he was 15 when the offense was committed, it would have to be a local records check, since a criminal history ISP would run, would only cover crimes committed as an adult, or, the OP was "charged" and waived to adult court. Either way, ISP has the final decision. I believe if he had called ISP they would/should have informed him of the appeals process.

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    When you get the denial letter it says you have 30 days to file an appeal in writing and mail back to ISP. Once that is done and ISP receives the letter, they then will mail another letter giving you the time, date and location of the appeal hearing.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    When you get the denial letter it says you have 30 days to file an appeal in writing and mail back to ISP. Once that is done and ISP receives the letter, they then will mail another letter giving you the time, date and location of the appeal hearing.

This.^^^^^^^. I actually got denied when I first applied. Somethjng I did when I was 19 on spring break.... I filed appeal went to hearing explained what happened Abd it was approved... The gentleman asking me all these questions was trying to get me to tell him that I've been in some trouble since then, not even a speeding ticket, He seemed perturbed he had to approve me but the lady ther seemed to get a kick out of my answers.

Top Bottom