Dems to introduce High cap mag ban on 1st day of the new congress.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    "Even more critical to the bill's political prospects, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has not indicated whether he will allow it to come to the floor for a vote."

I would guess this is one of the many bills introduced simply for the posturing and pandering to the base, not because they actually think it will pass.

How would a ban on transferring even work? What happens if the owner dies? Simply stupid to try and legislate something so unenforceable.

Exactly.

Also, this technique has become very popular with both major political parties in the U.S. It's a common con-artist and hard-sell tactic known as the "Door-in-the-face technique."

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Exactly. I've been saying this for a while now. Standard capacity is whatever the standard factory issue design says is standard. 30 for AR-15s, 8 for 1911s etc.

Last 1911 I touched, about a decade and a half ago, was a 7 stack. Are you counting 7 + 1?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Well, you have post # 50 !!!!

Now for your sarcasm: not ENOUGH voted! And the vote happens AFTER the action. WRITE, e-mail, phone YOUR Washington reps now, even before the bill is floated. !!! Let them know in no uncertain terms that THEIR vote on gun-bills will determine YOUR vote on THEM the next time around. We have a LOT to lose. Doing nothing IS doing SOMETHING .... the WRONG thing ~!!
    The only real option is to vote! Wait.....that really worked well in the last election. Don
    <======not smart.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    It's a Republican House. Unless they don't want to get re-elected it won't happen. They better be concentrated on the whole fiscal cliff thing?

Personally I don't want to trust that line of thinking... it's gotten us into too much trouble in the past... think 1994. Call, write, email, and post/tweet your reps, hell contact all of them. We must be proactive and unite on this issue

Top Bottom